Selling Cards on Consignment at Nationals

from a business standpoint, this structure looks legit -

IF it doesn't sell, you're not out much -
if it does, you sold your card better or = to eBAY.

After gas & lodging, that table is EXPENSIVE!

+ no one is MAKING you consign -

I'm fine with the $5, but 10%? How about if I tell you I want $100 for a card, you can start it at like $150 and get chewed down to $125, you can keep whatever money its sold for over my want price.

This is how it usually works for cards at shows that aren't dealers, the people give them a certain price, dealers get more profit the rest...

What do people think about Lisa's idea... Like i said, this thread is to figure something out, nothing has been written yet... :salut:

I've never been to the National, and I assume it is important to have a large selection of cards there, but my opinion for those who are paying for the tables:

Bear in mind that when people come to shows they have money they want to spend. They will either spend it in your showcase or the next guy's, but If everyone loads your showcase with TCG cards, they're making money, you're making 10% and you are also not getting the buyers money in your own pocket from your cards.

I don't know if I explained it well enough, but I know from experience selling cards for people, that it sucks when you work hard to sell a $200 card and get $20 when you could have sold your own $200 card to them and pocketed the $200.

Well regardless if no one sends you any cards, you are still paying for the table/food/hotel/airfare. And you are always going to have someone sitting at the table. So if you accept 20 cards to sell that’s an extra $100 that you didn’t have.

I would be fine with $5 or 5% whichever is greater.

I've never been to the National, and I assume it is important to have a large selection of cards there, but my opinion for those who are paying for the tables:

Bear in mind that when people come to shows they have money they want to spend. They will either spend it in your showcase or the next guy's, but If everyone loads your showcase with TCG cards, they're making money, you're making 10% and you are also not getting the buyers money in your own pocket from your cards.

I don't know if I explained it well enough, but I know from experience selling cards for people, that it sucks when you work hard to sell a $200 card and get $20 when you could have sold your own $200 card to them and pocketed the $200.

But its selling a card you don't own and making $20. If the card was not there, you'd make nothing.

But its selling a card you don't own and making $20. If the card was not there, you'd make nothing.

There's where you're wrong. The card they want is always in your showcase, you just have to help them find it. That's where the salesman aspect of dealing at shows comes into play. It's not about selection or not having their favorite player ... it's human psychology - they want to spend the money - if not with you, with someone else. You've just got to talk them into something you've got. ;)

I cant decide if this thread is about a few elitist robber-barron TCG members taking advantage of the less priviledged,

or

a bunch of cheapskate crybabies who want something for nothing.

:pop::pop:

;)

bad idea...not just yours, but bretts now that I think of it. shouldn't be $5 showcase fee which is deducted if it sells. Should be a $5 fee just for being in the showcase, even if it doesn't sell.

That's like renting an apartment, living there for a week, saying you don't like it, move out, and not pay for your time spent.

lets put it this way....

we need money for drinks. Plain and simple. We're going to drink regardless, but if we try and move your stuff, we should be compensated with shots of patron.

so basically we aren't making any money off anybody, we're just getting drunk on your behalf.

so 10% plus up front fees sounds good.

don't like it, blow us

I think everyone should send us $5 for a shot.

As long as there are drunken pics of Grant rolling in a pile of member's card (or just members :surprised: ) then it's all good. :dance:

Back