Sean Taylor Funeral

Heard Jesse pimping form pulpit on radio clips and saw some other freeak pastor preaching. Not good way imo to send Sean out.

i saw a bit of it before i came to work this morning

ya know, i usually change the channel when i see Jesse jackson, but i have to admit, his sermon was very nicely put. i kept waiting for him to go off and rant on the black on black violence but he didn't (although i'm sure it will come later when he vindicates the 4 accused)

i have never seen so many people show up to pay their respects.

guess it goes to show that no matter what you did in the past, it's what you have done in the present that people will remember.

in my eyes he was a hero for protecting his girlfriend and kid, he put himself in the middle of them so they didn't get hurt and because of that, his daughter will grow up knowing what a genuine man he was

i saw a bit of it before i came to work this morning

ya know, i usually change the channel when i see Jesse jackson, but i have to admit, his sermon was very nicely put. i kept waiting for him to go off and rant on the black on black violence but he didn't (although i'm sure it will come later when he vindicates the 4 accused)

wasn't the clip they played on espn radio earlier.

There was pointed criticism for the way the media portrayed Taylor's past in the wake of his violent death.

"One of the things that I hope comes out of this tragedy is that the media get a small lesson in grace and humility," said Florida City mayor Otis Wallace, a friend of the Taylor family. "For those who took the liberty of recklessly speculating that this young man's death was caused by the way he lived, all I can say is they should be ashamed."

Also, something else that I thought of - what would have happened if Sean Taylor hadn't been there and his gf and daughter were there? I'm thankful that they weren't harmed.

Back