Scanning/Cropping Cards

Mike

TP9 | VC15
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
I'm not sure how you all feel about this, but I think it's such a pain! I don't like to take pictures of my cards with my phone because I don't think the quality is as good, so I usually scan them in batches, then crop each card into its own image. I'm sure this is what most folks do. I've been at it for a few hours today and only managed to get a little over 40 cards done.

Do you all do something different to make it go faster?

I used to scan every single card by hand on a flatbed scanner. However, you are right, it is very time consuming. Now I take pics of most on my phone and flatbed scan/crop my favorite or special wolf cards or PSA graded ones I want to save in a library or the gallery here.

I can't scan my graded cards because my scanner makes them all blurry. I need to get a dedicated flatbed scanner so that won't happen but it's hard to justify $100+ just for a few scans of graded cards. If I needed it for something else, sure, but if I have $100 to spend on the hobby, I'm using it to buy more PC cards.

I also photograph my collection..........Being a photographer helps; plus I have all the equipment to handle it...........Photoshop makes quick work of it too........

Back