Saturday Morning Rant... NASCAR and Detroit Tigers

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
NOT a good way to start my weekend... Friday Night NASCAR and Detroit Tigers...

First, the NASCAR XFINITY Series was a nail biter. It looked like it was going to be a toss up between Kyle Busch and Brad Keselowski, with Erik Jones thrown in the mix at the end. After the last caution of the race, a great restart gave Erik Jones the lead. With just a handful of laps left, Keselowski was catching up to Jones, who seemed to be able to pull away everyone Keselowski got close... and then it happened. Jones goes into the corner and takes the low-line, only to have the driver of the #44 (David Starr), who was a lap down, come down in front of Jones and "block" him. Keselowski took the high-line and went around Jones... taking the Checkered Flag a few laps later. Lapped drivers have been told NOT to interfere with the Leaders, but obviously Starr did not get this memo and pulling down in front of someone running for the win is just wrong. Now, not taking anything away from Keselowski. Both Keselowski and Kyle Busch (who finished third) had the cars to beat. After the race Keselowski mentioned that when he saw Starr come down and block Jones, so he took the high-line. Starr's little stunt could have caused a wreck. I hope NASCAR parks him for a race and let him think about what he did.

Second, Detroit Tigers... up 6 to 1 in the bottom of the Ninth, only to lose the game 7 to 6. One inning we had bases loaded with one out. In the Ninth we had two men on with zero outs. After the top of the ninth I told the wife that Detroit deserved to lose the game with leaving men on the bases the way they did... so put the blame on me. How can the Closer give up five runs in the Ninth? Not sure how it happened, but one night I went to bed happy with the Detroit Tigers, only to wake up the next morning to find out they had become the Cleveland Indians.

Saturday morning rant is over.

Didn't watch the game, was setting up the camper. Glad I didn't. Was it Soria?

Back