Football Richard Sherman...What a Class Act

Mike

TP9 | VC15
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
I'm sure you've all seen this by now, but what was your opinion on this post game interview?

I, personally, thought it was one of the most classless acts I've seen in sports in a while. I'd hate to see how he acted if they would have lost.

Last edited:
WHILE WATCHING: "Whoa, the WWE needs to have him on a summer pay per view."

LATER THOUGHTS: He was fired up. Most any professional athlete of his caliber, in that position is going to feel like that. It was kind of Fox's fault - they shouldn't have interviewed him.

LATER LATER THOUGHTS: He tweeted this "There was a lot of talk before the game.... Now I'm the bad guy lol.... Well if u judge my character on the field ....So many glass houses" Which to me, is classless, and not how a winner behaves. You prove your point by winning.

LATER LATER LATER THOUGHTS: A friend showed me this article, Report: Crabtree tried to fight Richard Sherman at charity event - so I kind of understand his emotions a little more.

NOW: I have no idea what to think. I kind of hope Demaryius Thomas SMOKES him. It is short sighted for a DB, specifically a corner to run his mouth like this. Corners rise and fall so quickly in the NFL. In two years, he could be completely irrelevant! (Not saying he will be, just possible.)

Good thoughts Ryan and close to the same things I thought throughout. I understand emotions and everything and also sort of understand going after Crabtree with his comments. What I don't like is a player declaring himself the best player in the league at his position. Even if it is true you just never say it and especially that emphatically. I'm really hoping Peyton runs up big numbers in the passing game to shut him up.

Now keen on Broncos winning. Even with previous, and with heat of the moment, you should retain some modicum of composure and "class".

I think he is a huge asshole (or likes to play one) who has a decent publicist.

I also think he is a lot smarter than he wants to let on and one of the best corners in the game.

He is, undoubtedly, one of the best corners in the game. I'd even venture to say that, right now, he is the best corner in the game. That said, it's not his place to say so and especially not in the fashion that he did. He may have a history with Crabtree too, but that wasn't the best time/place to make it globally known. He ended up making a huge play that, effectively, won them the game. Instead of walking out a hero, though, he walked out a huge jerk.

He is, undoubtedly, one of the best corners in the game. I'd even venture to say that, right now, he is the best corner in the game. That said, it's not his place to say so and especially not in the fashion that he did. He may have a history with Crabtree too, but that wasn't the best time/place to make it globally known. He ended up making a huge play that, effectively, won them the game. Instead of walking out a hero, though, he walked out a huge jerk.

Me personally, I don't care if a guy says he's the best or has a beef with another player. I think there is a good way to express both, even at the end of the game like that. But the issue for me is completely in how he said it. Doesn't matter what you say, when you say anything with the tone he used, you are going to get backlash.

If you're rating him against Crabtree as far as classless-ness goes, he's pure class. The jack hole that threw food on Navorro Bowman as he was being carted away is even worse than Crabtree.

Andy nailed it, Sherman is making a name for himself he knows what he is doing. Since he is on the Seahawks he is one of my faves. Looking forward to Manning going against the Legion of Boom should be fun.

Back