Repairing damaged cards

"Please note that all of the above services are generally accepted by all grading companies as they cannot be detected in most cases."

Sure... cuz they're not looking at it under a powerful microscope or anything. Maybe if it was the grader's first day on the job... and he was bleary-eyed from the all night bender that just ended earlier that morning... and he was an idiot...

:roll:

"Please note that all of the above services are generally accepted by all grading companies as they cannot be detected in most cases."

Sure... cuz they're not looking at it under a powerful microscope or anything. Maybe if it was the grader's first day on the job... and he was bleary-eyed from the all night bender that just ended earlier that morning... and he was an idiot...

Yeah............but besides that..................

I think this is absolutely wrong but they do state:

ALL RESTORED CARDS WILL BE MARKED WITH HIDDEN INDICATORS THAT WILL BE DETECTABLE
EACH GRADING COMPANY HAS BEEN INFORMED WHERE TO LOOK FOR THESE MARKERS
PLEASE SELECT CARDS ACCORDINGLY FOR YOUR PERSONAL COLLETION

ALL RESTORED CARDS WILL BE MARKED WITH HIDDEN INDICATORS THAT WILL BE DETECTABLE
EACH GRADING COMPANY HAS BEEN INFORMED WHERE TO LOOK FOR THESE MARKERS
PLEASE SELECT CARDS ACCORDINGLY FOR YOUR PERSONAL COLLETION

it tips off the grading card companies but not the guy buying raw stuff.

could just be an art restorer type of guy...if you watch antiques roadshow they say to take things to a restorer like an old map with smoke stains and a hole in it to get it fixed up nicely to add value...

and yeah the whole 'not detectable to most grading companies' and then in another section talking about marking the cards...

i agree with andy on the potential of a good card faker getting poor condition cards and then making his own, as he offers only limited service for rare high end cards....makes me kinda think hes got a backdoor print shop

This has been a common practice with comic books for YEARS - but when they get sent to grading they get a "qualified" grade with notes for restoration.

Back