Rant About Steiner Sports

Well, they had a rather large sale a while back, where you can purchase 3 autographed photos / baseballs for 100 dollars. they had a very large selection and i chose a dwight clark "the catch" 8x10, a rodney harrison 8x10 and a nate robinson dunk contest (over spud webb) 16x20.
well, when i ordered the whole thing, for the nate robinson, it said 5 or less...but it still said that it was in stock. i waited patiently, as i had it shipped with UPS ground, and find out that the robinson is backordered. i checked my wamu account (i used my debit card) and it has my account being charged for less than what was the total.
i know they're trying to compensate for one of my choices being backordered...but seriously, why have something in stock when i order it *EDITED* i did find out it was backordered when they shipped the items....also have a problem with them charging me different amounts from what they originally told me. i feel dumb that i didnt read the email with the shipping confirmation...but theres still a question at hand. i dont know if its just that i really wanted the photo or what, but i am pretty steamed right now. i could understand if it was a smaller company, but steiner sports? comeon!
most of you reading this are probably thinking big deal :boohoo: but i dont really care. just expressing my disappointment with steiner

Last edited by a moderator:
best bet it to contact customer service and try to get 10% off or something...dont be afraid to ask for a discount for being kept out of the loop

Well, they had a rather large sale a while back, where you can purchase 3 autographed photos / baseballs for 100 dollars. they had a very large selection and i chose a dwight clark "the catch" 8x10, a rodney harrison 8x10 and a nate robinson dunk contest (over spud webb) 16x20.
well, when i ordered the whole thing, for the nate robinson, it said 5 or less...but it still said that it was in stock. i waited patiently, as i had it shipped with UPS ground, and find out that the robinson is backordered. i checked my wamu account (i used my debit card) and it has my account being charged for less than what was the total.
i know they're trying to compensate for one of my choices being backordered...but seriously, why have something in stock when i order it...do not contact me in anyway, shape, or form to tell me of the item being backordered, and just have a slip telling me its backordered without any other information.
i find it a bit poor on their part to leave it to the last minute before they tell me one of my items is not going to be shipped with the rest, and that i wont even receive it. i dont know if its just that i really wanted the photo or what, but i am pretty steamed right now. i could understand if it was a smaller company, but steiner sports? comeon!
most of you reading this are probably thinking big deal :boohoo: but i dont really care. just expressing my disappointment with steiner

Their offices were very close to my old apartment and a friend of my brother has worked for them for over 10 years. I hate the company. They overcharge and don't care about their customers. My bro's buddy tells me he can get me whatever I want at cost but ONLY for me and it's still really expensive.

Also, I set up an ebay store a while back and had a ton of stuff in there and asked him if he could get me some stuff ot put in the store for cheap and they told him no.

yeah, i just emailed them and i want to see whats going on. if i dont get anything out of this, will still like to see why they had it appear in stock when it was out of stock. :ban:

:doh::doh::doh:
okay...i feel really stupid right now. i just checked the email they sent me before it was shipped...and they said that it was backordered...okay, i still have a problem with them because they charged me 2 different prices for the 2 autos they sent me...one was 45 and one was 25. whats the deal with that? they both should've been 33...?
haha i feel dumb...but i still have a question about that

Back