R.I.P. Sean Taylor (1983-2007)

I did some research on number changes. Apparently the NFL fines heavily on number changes without advance notice because they need to reimburse Reebok for the unsold jerseys of said player. A small time player such as Joey Porter was going to be fined 210K for changing his number, but he decided that was too much. A player like Portis could be as high as 500K, but probably much more. I doubt he would be willing to shell out that much for a number change. If he gave the NFL notice right now, he may be able to change it for next season for a minimal fine, or even no fine at all.

I did some research on number changes. Apparently the NFL fines heavily on number changes without advance notice because they need to reimburse Reebok for the unsold jerseys of said player. A small time player such as Joey Porter was going to be fined 210K for changing his number, but he decided that was too much. A player like Portis could be as high as 500K, but probably much more. I doubt he would be willing to shell out that much for a number change. If he gave the NFL notice right now, he may be able to change it for next season for a minimal fine, or even no fine at all.

If they don't allow him to change his number after what happened....I would be unbelieveably pissed off:(

Back