Q: Tracking your posting history within a thread?

captkirk42

Old School Vintage
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Mike,

I've seen a sort of tracking feature on one or two other forums or boards, but I'm not sure of their structure (programing) is the same that is used for TCZ.

While in a thread the board shows you how many times you have replied within the thread and you can click on the link to read all your posts within that thread. This feature would be cool for some of those "general talk" game threads we have going (alphabet, jersey # etc...)

Of course if this type of feature is not available to us then that is OK.

As far as I know that's not possible with or particular software, but I will definitely look into it and see what I can come up with. You're right, that would be a definite benefit in those threads.

Sorry it took me so long to find a solution for this, Kirk, but better late than never right? Well, I guess that only works in some cases, but I think it applies here. :p

Anyways, there should now be a "My Posts" link in the "Thread Tools" drop down which is found in the upper right hand corner of the thread. I've added a screenshot below to show where it should be located. It won't tell you how many posts you have, but clicking on the link will bring you to a list of all your posts within that thread. It opens in a new window, too, to keep you from having to hit back later on.

my_thread_posts.png

Back