PSA Cross Grading

dvashun

Bench Warmer
Reaching out to my fellow collectors to get a feel on the PSA cross grading process. I’m trying to see what BGS grades I need to look for to cross into a 10 and what to expect considering the crazy state of collecting at the moment. My experiences with PSA so far have been less than stellar due to the very long turnaround times. I’d really like to hear from others to get other perspectives on this.

If you have a PSA 10, I wouldn't even try to crossover. The chances of getting a BGS 10 is pretty low, from what I've seen. Besides that, PSA 10 are trending closer to BGS 10 in price anyways. Unless it's a super high end card, and you think it's a sure fire BGS 10, it's probably not worth the cost of the crossover.

Also, BGS has changed their service. They no longer offer guaranteed services. What used to be a 30 day could easily be 3+ months now.

Please also note that I don't do any grading. I just follow a bulk grading service on Facebook to keep up with what's happening in that world. Plus, some of the guys in there are funny as hell.

I posted this question in the group, too, so I'll let you know if they disagree with my advice to not do it.

Just as an update, most of the folks replying in the group agree that it would be a bad idea to crossover from PSA 10 to BGS. By the looks of it, they agree that it'd be almost impossible to get a BGS 10. Also, several of them are saying you could sell the PSA 10, buy a BGS 9.5, and have money left over. One guy even suggests that you could sell the PSA 10 and buy 2 BGS 9.5s, but I'm not sure I'd go that far.

Now, if you have a PSA 9, they're saying it might be worth it if you can get it to a BGS 9.5 but, again, no guarantee there either.

I should also note that the group leader announced just today that BGS is hiking their pricing again.

Thanks for the responses. I was apparently a bit vague in my post because I was asking what BGS grades should I be looking for to crossover into a PSA 10. You did answer my question though. So thank for sharing this into a more active environment.

Oh, oops! I could've just interpreted it wrong.

From what I've read, people have pretty good luck with BGS 9.5 to PSA 10 as long as the BGS doesn't have a 9 subgrade. Even then, sometimes a 9 on centering is still fine.

Back