Football Pricing Help?

bjtheman1

Bench Warmer
Trying to put a value on a Scoreboard Buyback Rookie Auto of Steve Young. For those that don't know its his actual rookie card auto'd with the scoreboad stamp on the left corner of the card. Tryin to put a value and determine how many were made like this?

Any help is appreciated

is it this one?

a8dc_1.JPG

or
3745_1.JPG

Hopefully not one of those buyback scam cards that been on ebay. TONS of fakes with the scoreboard stamp on the bay. Hate to say it but if I remember right, only cards people autos for scoreboard were scoreboard product. Might be wrong though.

scatcat said:
Hopefully not one of those buyback scam cards that been on ebay. TONS of fakes with the scoreboard stamp on the bay. Hate to say it but if I remember right, only cards people autos for scoreboard were scoreboard product. Might be wrong though.

this is his actual rc card auto'd and the stamp is in the left bottom corner of the card

anyone else have any input?

bjtheman1 said:
this is his actual rc card auto'd and the stamp is in the left bottom corner of the card

anyone else have any input?

Yep I seen it is the actual rookie card. I have never seen where scoreboard has taken actual rookie cards from other companys other than their own and put them in as buybacks but as I stated, I may be wrong.

scatcat said:
Yep I seen it is the actual rookie card. I have never seen where scoreboard has taken actual rookie cards from other companys other than their own and put them in as buybacks but as I stated, I may be wrong.
Scoreboard did tons of illegal stuff later on.... including buying up other companies products and placing them in their packs and also in plaques as pictured by others.... Unfortunately, a lot of those Scoreboard items are tarnished due to the president of the company being one of the many busted in the Counterfeit stings.... Personally, I'd want it sent to PSA/DNA before trading for it....

marinocollector said:
Scoreboard did tons of illegal stuff later on.... including buying up other companies products and placing them in their packs and also in plaques as pictured by others.... Unfortunately, a lot of those Scoreboard items are tarnished due to the president of the company being one of the many busted in the Counterfeit stings.... Personally, I'd want it sent to PSA/DNA before trading for it....

Tim I bought every scoreboard product that was released, and I never ever pulled a card that was not theres as these buybacks claim to be. I think when the stuff started happening was when the president was fired and the company went bankrupt as their stamps ended up in Taiwan and tons of autos were forged and sold on ebay. I know for a fact that at least 3/4 if not more of the Emmitts that hit Ebay that are scoreboard are fake. Seriously, I opened a crapload of the product when it would come out as I loved the redemptions for autographed merchandise they used to put out.

I do not recall the product, but it was a college oriented four sports that had in pack buybacks of various players, I wish I recalled which one! The cards pictured are shop at home varities.... either way 2 out of 3 of my Nolan Ryan Scoreboards items which I bought directly from Scoreboard are fake according to PSA/DNA...

marinocollector said:
I do not recall the product, but it was a college oriented four sports that had in pack buybacks of various players, I wish I recalled which one! The cards pictured are shop at home varities.... either way 2 out of 3 of my Nolan Ryan Scoreboards items which I bought directly from Scoreboard are fake according to PSA/DNA...

Really? Even the ones you bought from scoreboard themselves? That is really frustrating to hear because you really have no idea what is real and fake. Just taking a persons word for it i guess.

scatcat said:
Really? Even the ones you bought from scoreboard themselves? That is really frustrating to hear because you really have no idea what is real and fake. Just taking a persons word for it i guess.

Yep, a COA is only as good as the person who states its authenticate.

Back