Racing Press Pass 2014 Five Star - $540 per box !!!!!

Right there with you ranbethscards!!! It's really a kick in the crotch for most people. What really bites for me that other than Legends this is the only other release that has NHRA presence. So the few that get this product and do sell what is pulled the prices by default will be high and might move down a bit after awhile but not like they have in other releases.

Like I told you Many times this Hobby is getting out of control it will die its to bad I had a lot of cards like most of you guys close to 40,234 at one time sold everything ,I put all my money into my home and my basboat and other things Its to Bad I had a lot of fun doing it I kept only my PC Cards,I usually do stop bye once in awhile to get a few of my wants like the bobby labontes and browns besides that im alldone.

Sad sad week for NASCAR collectors and Press Pass...

This product has hit the shelves... and should have been immediately tossed into the trash.

I have seen several box breaks take place... and I can honestly say... if you are willing to spend $540 for a box of five cards... and the MAJOR hit is a 1/1 of some driver that has no business being behind a wheel... and the other four cards have a Sale Value of around $40-$50 each... that really doesn't give you much chance of recovering the money you spent on the box.

If you have $540 laying around and want to waste it... send it to me and I will send you $200 worth of cards and we can call it even!

Saw a couple of breaks. Some of the cards were interesting but the value for them on the secondary market will be fun to watch. A few will go for a high price as there are a few money no object fans of a specific driver that will boost the prices on those but after the new excitement dies down the prices will be like most of the other releases I would think. The more books that are out there the more the prices will lower as well. So in that point might be a good thing for some of us that as of yet don't own one.

One major issue I have with ALL cards is the secondary market. When dealers and collectors sell off their cards, they try to get the best price...at first....but quickly lower prices to move the inventory. That drives prices down, and those prices will not increase much for years and years...if not decades.

There are two distinctly different groups of buyers: Dealers, who must make a profit to continue in the hobby, and Collector's, who are more interested in the product itself than profit, or loss.

As for manufactures...they gotta make a profit, and high-end cards are where the money's at. They don't want to upset the market, and lose customers, but the bottom-line is they gotta make that profit, or they're outta business. The cheaper, mass-produced cards are probably getting more and more difficult to profit from...I'm guessing the margins on 'em are decreasing, anyway...so for them, this may be what works.

Last edited:
Sad sad week for NASCAR collectors and Press Pass...

This product has hit the shelves... and should have been immediately tossed into the trash.

I have seen several box breaks take place... and I can honestly say... if you are willing to spend $540 for a box of five cards... and the MAJOR hit is a 1/1 of some driver that has no business being behind a wheel... and the other four cards have a Sale Value of around $40-$50 each... that really doesn't give you much chance of recovering the money you spent on the box.

If you have $540 laying around and want to waste it... send it to me and I will send you $200 worth of cards and we can call it even!

I've seen some of the Litho's from 1999 have already been hit and are going for some decent money. The only way to make your money back on it is if you hit a 1/1 cut auto of a great driver who passed away, or the litho autographed poster.

Back