Pre-Combine Mock Draft 2/18

If Cincy doesn't take Beanie Wells with #6 or get a good free agent at RB then I think they will take Rey Maualuga and put him beside his old teammate Keith Rivers.

If Cincy doesn't take Beanie Wells with #6 or get a good free agent at RB then I think they will take Rey Maualuga and put him beside his old teammate Keith Rivers.
Beanie wells at #6? :lollol::lollol: The guy can't play a full college season, but you want him at #6 and expect him to be your future? :doh:

Not bad, Mike. I'll post a Pre-Combine Mock in a bit. Here are my thoughts:

- I could certainly see the Lions taking Monroe, but it'd be awfully tough to pass up the potential franchise QB.
- Love the Curry pick at No. 2.
- If Stafford fell to KC, there would be an awful lot of pressure to take him. However, I could see them going in a number of directions, including Raji, as they're apparently going to a 3-4 scheme.
- Smith at four is an intriguing option for Seattle. There would be lots of pressure to take Crabtree, though.
- I can't see Cincy passing on an OT, even if Monroe and J. Smith are gone.
- Do you honestly see Al Davis passing on Crabtree at seven if he's there? I mean, it is Al Davis. ;)
- I'm not high on Laurinatis, and I certainly don't think he's a top-15 pick. I have him as a late first-rounder. We'll see, though.
- Not sure about Jackson to Chicago, as he's the ideal 3-4 DE. He wouldn't provide much pass rush from the end.
- I think the Pats can wait on a RB. They have to get younger at LB. Cushing is a great option here.
- I know the Giants like their pass-rushers, but they still have Umenyiora, Tuck and Kiwanuka. They could use a LB or WR here.
- LB to Tennessee is decent, but they could certainly use a vertical threat at WR to open up the passing offense.

Not bad, Mike. I'll post a Pre-Combine Mock in a bit. Here are my thoughts:

- I could certainly see the Lions taking Monroe, but it'd be awfully tough to pass up the potential franchise QB.
- Love the Curry pick at No. 2.
- If Stafford fell to KC, there would be an awful lot of pressure to take him. However, I could see them going in a number of directions, including Raji, as they're apparently going to a 3-4 scheme.
- Smith at four is an intriguing option for Seattle. There would be lots of pressure to take Crabtree, though.
- I can't see Cincy passing on an OT, even if Monroe and J. Smith are gone.
- Do you honestly see Al Davis passing on Crabtree at seven if he's there? I mean, it is Al Davis. ;)
- I'm not high on Laurinatis, and I certainly don't think he's a top-15 pick. I have him as a late first-rounder. We'll see, though.
- Not sure about Jackson to Chicago, as he's the ideal 3-4 DE. He wouldn't provide much pass rush from the end.
- I think the Pats can wait on a RB. They have to get younger at LB. Cushing is a great option here.
- I know the Giants like their pass-rushers, but they still have Umenyiora, Tuck and Kiwanuka. They could use a LB or WR here.
- LB to Tennessee is decent, but they could certainly use a vertical threat at WR to open up the passing offense.

About WR's: For Tennessee, that'll never happen. That's like the first key to getting their pick wrong. :lollol: For the Giants, I took into account the emergence of Steve Smith and Hixon, and figured they'd want to add a vet to that group, rather than another young guy. They are in a great spot to pick BPA.

Laurinatis there is the Bills' way. You have to look at team tendencies, and the Bills just love doing this. Which is why my Raider pick probably is wrong. Crabtree should go look for property somewhere in Blackhawk asap.

And as a whole, was tired of seeing Stafford go to Detroit, even though it is the most logical route for #1 money. I figured the chain reaction mock draft could be more fun to discuss.

Can't wait to see what you put together.

Mike - We're Brothers of the Desert :shifty:, but no way in hell the Jags take another WR. I believe it'd be worse than Hirishima at the Jags Draft party ... if they had any fans to attend :wall:.

And it has nothing (absolutely NOTHING :shifty: ) to do with Northcutt / Walker ...

Back