Post your site browsing Tips and Tricks here.

GiantFan

Bench Warmer
There are some differences between the old board and the new style board. I thought it would be good to have a thread where people could post things they think others would find helpful. Here are a few of mine.

1) Want to view all posts since your last login? Just click the "New Posts" link on the toolbar along the top. Hit refresh on that page every so often and never miss a post.

2) The "Quick Links" link on the same toolbar is also very helpful and is a shortcut to your profile, sig, options, etc.

3) Within a post there are also some cool options. One of them is the small icon next to each ID within the thread that allows you to easily send a PM to another member, view their profile, send them an email, etc. Also very helpful.

4) If you would like to quote multiple posts within a thread you can select the "Quote+" link in the bottom right of each post you would like to quote and then click "Post Reply". On the next screen both posts will be quoted for you to post.

I noticed when editing a box comes up and asks for "reason for edit" and a small space to answer. I didn't edit the thread but is the reason listed on the post?

I was going to edit the title line but that didn't seem to be an option. Does this mean get the title of your thread right the 1st time & live with it or did I miss something?

On Topic - I really like the new place, easy to use, nice features & it's fast, very fast.

thanks again

add on after edit - I see that the reason is listed

Last edited by a moderator:
Brett gave me a reach around so I guess that is a cool feature and it is new because on CP it was always Grant, LOL

In all seriousness, I like it so far because I agree it is MUCH faster than CP

One thing I noticed with the "New Posts" link at the top of the page. If I hit refresh, the order of posts stays the same, even when there are new posts. But if I click "New Posts" again, the posts are re-ordered, with the newest post at the top again. Does it work that way for others?

One thing I noticed with the "New Posts" link at the top of the page. If I hit refresh, the order of posts stays the same, even when there are new posts. But if I click "New Posts" again, the posts are re-ordered, with the newest post at the top again. Does it work that way for others?

I see the same thing.

For a post with new posts, if you click the 'PLUS BOX' to the left of the post title, it takes you to the first new post in that thread (that you haven't read). If you click the PLUS BOX to the right of the last posters name it takes you to the last post.

For a post with new posts, if you click the 'PLUS BOX' to the left of the post title, it takes you to the first new post in that thread (that you haven't read). If you click the PLUS BOX to the right of the last posters name it takes you to the last post.

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!

I heard that all Rams fans will have a special screen come up if they dunk their keyboards in the bathtub before posting on TCG.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back