Politics in hgih school football

Brad

Bench Warmer
Let me preface the article with what has happened:

A local high schoolhas this black QB. He was frustrated by the coach and walked off of practice and quite the team. The team now has a white QB. Anyways, the coach has had a policy of players signing a contract before the season stating what they can and cannot do. If they quit the team they cannot rejoin the team for the rest of the season is one of them. Anyways, he wanted back on and the coach said no. The coach has been there over 25 years and has always had the policy. Well now the player's family appealed and he was put back on the team by the scool board. However, he still has not played and the parents tried to force the board to make the coach play him, which they will not do.

Anyways here is an article on the issue, fairly interesting. Spartanburg High School is down now, but used to be a power and have had lots of players play college. Stephen Davis even played there under Doc Davis

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20071026/NEWS/710260337/1051/NEWS01

Seahawklady

Bench Warmer
Ohhh... I am not gonna dissect this... There are people wrong on both sides.

I guess I am kinda sheltered, being in So Cal... but I thought most of this racist crap (on BOTH sides) was over... but I guess it's not... :roll:

the human race is doomed.

redandpewter55

Bench Warmer
Ohhh... I am not gonna dissect this... There are people wrong on both sides.

I guess I am kinda sheltered, being in So Cal... but I thought most of this racist crap (on BOTH sides) was over... but I guess it's not... :roll:

the human race is doomed.
How could you possibly think it was over? Race is brought up in everything. The kid signed the contract and walked off. He doesn't need to play.

Seahawklady

Bench Warmer
How could you possibly think it was over? Race is brought up in everything. The kid signed the contract and walked off. He doesn't need to play.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that was part of the contract. I am not saying it wasn't.

But c'mon, there are not a lot of facts here, did he walk off the field, get to sideline, then come back? Did he leave for a day, a week, more? Is there a provision for THAT in their contract?

There are a lot of unknowns here, and I'd hate to get into it without knowing all the facts.

This case notwithstanding.. I think racism is a plague on this country.. and the world. This comes from all sides.

Brad

Bench Warmer
How could you possibly think it was over? Race is brought up in everything. The kid signed the contract and walked off. He doesn't need to play.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that was part of the contract. I am not saying it wasn't.

But c'mon, there are not a lot of facts here, did he walk off the field, get to sideline, then come back? Did he leave for a day, a week, more? Is there a provision for THAT in their contract?

There are a lot of unknowns here, and I'd hate to get into it without knowing all the facts.

This case notwithstanding.. I think racism is a plague on this country.. and the world. This comes from all sides.

He threw his helmet down and said that he quit in the middle of practice. Then did not go to practice and essentially begged to be back on the team when the first game came around.

Poopy Pants

Bench Warmer
I would give in and let the kid come back. He can be the towel boy, cheerleader, water boy, or anything besides on the field playing. If he wants to quit on the team, he doesnt have to be on the field, but he can surely show his support for the team.

Seahawklady

Bench Warmer
He threw his helmet down and said that he quit in the middle of practice. Then did not go to practice and essentially begged to be back on the team when the first game came around.

Thanks Brad.

If the guy is gonna be a pissant.. then fine, he's suspended, the coach wins.

I know people get all flustered these days when it comes to this race BS.... and like I said I live in So Cal. My apt complex that I live in.. we have 3 white people (me one of them) 4 African-Americans... 2 Puerto Ricans (DO NOT call them Mexican!! :shifty:) and one vacant apt. We all get along great. Some of my neighbors are from Ethiopia and Eritria ( :shifty: they are in a war with each other) I have neighboors from all over the world, and we get along just fine.

It all starts with TOLERANCE. A trait that some lack. Tolerance for people that have a different **WAY** than you.

Without tolerance, on ANY side, the human race is doomed. "nuff said.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brad

Bench Warmer
I would give in and let the kid come back. He can be the towel boy, cheerleader, water boy, or anything besides on the field playing. If he wants to quit on the team, he doesnt have to be on the field, but he can surely show his support for the team.

he might as well be water boy. The school board forced him back on the team, but another ruling said they could not force the coach to play him, so he is not. I cannot believe the parents tried forcing the coach to play him, the vote against him being forced to play was only 5-4 though

Will

Bench Warmer
The blaeks shouldnt play the race card when race has nothing to do with it. Stop using it as a GD crutch.:salut:

scrappy

Bench Warmer
sadly when it's not in your favor the race card is always played.

whether he was white, yellow, orange, green, red or black, a contract is a contract, he read it, he signed it and he walked off the team. should be end of story but mommy and daddy got involved. he should be sitting the sidelines rooting for his team and being a cheerleader now. if i were on the team, i'd be pissed that the school board forced him back on the team. he could be holding up a spot on the team from the JV team.

ebsoria

Bench Warmer
If I were the coach I'd make it a point NOT to play the kid, regardess of how good he is or isn't. It would make a great point to the rest of the team that no one player is above the team.

And this race crap!?! It's not going anywhere, so get over it. As long as there are two people with any sort of difference there is going to be ingnorance. But some of it also is a lack of understanding.

Seahawcla

Bench Warmer
If its in the players contract the school board wronged the coach by even allowing him back on the team.

Id have gone and challenged the school board to show some onions on this if I was the coach.

This is not a race thing the players parents know it, but want to use the race card to get their son back on the field.

Will

Bench Warmer
wheeloffortune.jpg

:ban: