Pleasant Surprises this year and disappointments through May....

lisu

Bench Warmer
My pleasant surprises this year have been:

1. Tim Lincecum (darnit - now it's going to be hard to get his cards).
2. Kevin Frandsen (in a limited role)
3. Travis Buck
4. Mike Bourn (that man can move - and I realized I have some nice rookie cards of him).

Disappointments so far:
1. Alex Gordon (but improving)
2. Carlos Quentin (but improving)
3. Delmon Young (but improving)
4. Todd Linden

Biggest surprise for me is J.J. Hardy. I always thought he'd be a solid, better-than-average player, but never thought he'd be raking like nobody's business.

Delmon Young - looked so good when we watched him in Tampa a month ago. I haven't really checked him out since - is he floundering on plate?? Hell of an arm on him.

TB having a good day today though so far - 12-4 up at present

PIST that we even signed David Wells and that I have to watch him every 5 or so days.

PIST that Cameron and B. Giles have not produced more at the plate.

Happy about the kind of year Peavy is having. Happy about the impact that Marcus Giles and Adrian Gonzales have had on the Padres so far this year.

Happy:

Jack Cust = $$$ for me (check sig)
Yankees = anytime they suck is cool with me.
All teams that usally suck, that are doing well. = I really like watching team do well, like the brewers. awesome stuff!

PIST that we even signed David Wells and that I have to watch him every 5 or so days.

PIST that Cameron and B. Giles have not produced more at the plate.

Happy about the kind of year Peavy is having. Happy about the impact that Marcus Giles and Adrian Gonzales have had on the Padres so far this year.

I could've told you Cameron can't hit. That guy strikes out so much. Great fielder though and could get on a power streak.

had i known lincolm was a beast i would have bought his etopps at IPO i was on at 1 when it went live, but i dont follow baseball its selling $35+ :eek:

Back