Baseball Phils' Ruiz banned 25 games after positive test

S

SCF Sports News

Philadelphia Phillies catcher Carlos Ruiz has been suspended for the first 25 games of next season following a positive test for an amphetamine.

More...

I`m kind of confused at the intelligence of some of these players that are popping positive for banned substances. They know that at some point they are gonna be randomly chosen for a drug test, so why would you take drugs knowing this is a strong possibility?

okay...it is the off season, and while drug use is prohibited, it is the off season!!! Or was this testing during the season and the results are just being published?

I remember being stationed at the Pentagon and being on Leave (Military Vacation) back in Michigan when I was notified (by phone) that I had been selected for the pee test. Really great seeing how when you are notified you have ONE hour to show up. Of course it was a simple mix up and I did not have to report for the testing (not that I had anything to worry about).

So, what I'm saying is...the guy is on vacation! why are we asking them to come in from their time off for this?

Back