Peppers Headed To NE???

He has to deny it. Since Peppers isn't officially under contract, it is against the rules to discuss trading him.

I expect this to get done well before draft day. It seems like the perfect fit.

It does.....but I hate the Pat's and don't want to see them get better.......so until it happens.....I'm just going to be happy that it hasn't;)

Second round picks (especially early 2nd round picks) have always been gold in the NFL. Contracts for second round picks are shorter, less money and the players are still very good.

Ya but a second round pick for a youn DE who is the best in the game is a little crazy is what I am saying seems like you should be able to get a 2nd and 3rd or 2nd and 4th something more than just a second. I would think you could get a first if you wanted one and were willing to take on the money for another first rounder.

Ya but a second round pick for a youn DE who is the best in the game is a little crazy is what I am saying seems like you should be able to get a 2nd and 3rd or 2nd and 4th something more than just a second. I would think you could get a first if you wanted one and were willing to take on the money for another first rounder.

A 2nd is very reasonable considering the situation. Peppers made it very clear he does not want to play for Carolina. Every team out there knows it if us as fans know it. Teams arent going to give up a great amount because they know Carolina is desperate to get something for him or end up getting nothing. What did the Raiders get for Randy Moss, who is one of the best recievers when given a quarterback who can get him the ball? Fact is, Im surprised they were possibly offered a second for him. I was thinking maybe a 3rd at most.

Read the article. Panthers have some budget issues and laid a lot of people off. They are trying to save money otherwise they would go for a 1 especially since they traded their one this year to get Jeff Otah

Read the article. Panthers have some budget issues and laid a lot of people off. They are trying to save money otherwise they would go for a 1 especially since they traded their one this year to get Jeff Otah

I understand that but they fix the "budget issue" by getting rid of Peppers 16 Mil or so towards the cap so they would be able to afford 1st rounder unless they see some more pay issues for next seaosn and expiring contracts.

Back