Paypal Question

Poopy Pants

Bench Warmer
I sold a high dollar card recently, and after a couple of frustrating weeks, I tell the guy I want a mutual agreement to end the transaction. An hour later he sends the money. However, he sends it in two paypal payments from two different accounts. Both have the same address, but my concern is shipping. Since he paid with two payments, is it possible to file a claim on one since I only have proof of sending one package? The numbers are very high on both, over 300 each, so losing one payment due to a chargeback would be horrible. Im thinking about just sending the money back since I asked for the transaction to be canceled before I got the money.

yeah screw that guy and his strange tactics...seriously how do you pay from 2 different accounts, he needs to transfer it all into 1 account and try that way if anything, but like i said screw that guy and take it to nattys

I sold a high dollar card recently, and after a couple of frustrating weeks, I tell the guy I want a mutual agreement to end the transaction. An hour later he sends the money. However, he sends it in two paypal payments from two different accounts. Both have the same address, but my concern is shipping. Since he paid with two payments, is it possible to file a claim on one since I only have proof of sending one package? The numbers are very high on both, over 300 each, so losing one payment due to a chargeback would be horrible. Im thinking about just sending the money back since I asked for the transaction to be canceled before I got the money.

If you still want to sell him the card...just send the card via one transaction, then send him an envelope with a letter and receipts of the payment or something stating that this shipment is for the 2nd paypal payment, and the card is in the other package.

I actually refunded his money and left a message saying that I wont take 2 seperate payments. He must not read well because he sent me an email asking why I refunded his money.

You did the right thing. I'd rather lose a couple bucks and sell it to someone who goes through the transaction normally than to risk losing half of your cash.

he shouldn't have 2 paypal accounts anyways, you can just add an email address to the one paypal account and basically join whatever accounts you have, that have money in them (if he does really have 2 seperate accounts with money in them)

besides him sending you 2 payments means you got nicked for more fees in paypal anyways.

good call on refunding his cash because you have been dinking with this long enough. what time frame does your auction listing give? did he pay for it within the time frame? that might be your only issue is if he did pay you within the asking time frame.

Back