Paypal charges for giving refund?????

Mechjo16

Hall of Fame
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Have I been under a rock... did anyone else know PayPal makes the recipient pay for the refund?

I have refunded a buyer for a $300 item and I still had to pay the original service fee. I contacted PayPal and they stated this has been policy since 2019.

I had that happen once before, I did contact them as well and they did not refund me, saying the same thing: policy. Its frustrating to say the least!

I had that happen once before, I did contact them as well and they did not refund me, saying the same thing: policy. Its frustrating to say the least!

Hopefully this will help others who have experienced this scenario and see this post.

I made the argument of stating the following and they refunded me in the form of PayPal reward dollars which is fine with me. Customers SHOULD NOT be paying return fees!!!

My claim that granted the fee to be returned:

"If one was to randomly send funds to 100 people then ask for refund, ALL 100 of those recipients would have to pay PayPal??? PayPal sees that as a standard practice???"

Hopefully this will help others who have experienced this scenario and see this post.

I made the argument of stating the following and they refunded me in the form of PayPal reward dollars which is fine with me. Customers SHOULD NOT be paying return fees!!!

My claim that granted the fee to be returned:

"If one was to randomly send funds to 100 people then ask for refund, ALL 100 of those recipients would have to pay PayPal??? PayPal sees that as a standard practice???"
Well said, and good to know @Mechjo16 , thanks from all of us!

Here's another little from Paypal.
I have been buying hobby boxes from Jerry for years and have been using friends and family. Putting repayment of loan or refund, but now Paypal has blocked friends and family as an option to buy from Jerry, and If one the boxes I'd have to pay the extra fees. So, I have just started sending him a check and screw Paypal.
Bob
3 auction breaks, no waiting, jump aboard, please.

Back