Football Packers sign Vince Young

Status
Not open for further replies.

ty4orce

Bench Warmer
Vince Young has signed a one-year deal with the Green Bay Packers following what has been described as an impressive workout, a source told ESPN's Josina Anderson on Monday.

"Vince is ecstatic and is looking forward to the opportunity," the source said. "He was hoping to participate in the team's quarterback meeting today."

Young, 30, the third overall pick in the 2006 NFL draft, last played with the Philadelphia Eagles in 2011.

The Packers have interest in him as a backup to Aaron Rodgers. Young will likely compete for the No. 2 spot with Graham Harrell.

The Packers also are intrigued with Young's mobility and believe he can help prepare them for the opening two games of the regular season when Green Bay's defense plays against San Francisco's Colin Kaepernick and Washington's Robert Griffin III.

This is a great move for the Green Bay Packers, im glad another team has given Vince Young a chance again. He played great for the Titans and didn't deserve to get all the criticism that he has. Hopefully playing behind Aaron Rodgers will give Vince the confidence that he has lost over the past few years. He should be able to get the backup quarterback job because Rodger's backups are not too good.

It's great that a team is giving Vince Young another chance. I hope he makes the most out of this opportunity. I really do not think to many more NFL teams will give him a chance to make a roster.

I think he is a worthwhile signing and I hope he makes the best of what may be his last chance to prove himself. Green Bay is a good team, regardless.

This is good news for Young and for the Packers. Vince Young deserves another shot at greatness and the Packers are definitely a team that is always watched and usually very impressive. I can see Young being a savior if anything were to happen to Rodgers. Good move Green Bay.

Young's a good signing provided that he's up to get down, you know? It's nice to know that teams like the Packers are still out there making informed decisions like this rather than throwing money at a top ten list of athletes.

This is a great move for the Green Bay Packers, im glad another team has given Vince Young a chance again. He played great for the Titans and didn't deserve to get all the criticism that he has. Hopefully playing behind Aaron Rodgers will give Vince the confidence that he has lost over the past few years. He should be able to get the backup quarterback job because Rodger's backups are not too good.
But he's already gone! I thought he was doing a good job, would be with us for a long time but he never made it to the regular season! That was weird. I'm not sure who our back up QB is, there have been so many.

But he's already gone! I thought he was doing a good job, would be with us for a long time but he never made it to the regular season! That was weird. I'm not sure who our back up QB is, there have been so many.
I think his name might be Wallace; anybody know for sure? Have not seen him but what about that game yesterday? We killed the Redskins! Even with a commanding lead my husband was nervous to the very last minute! Can't wait to go to Cincinnati this coming week but this early bye is somewhat stressing. It will make for a long time without a break!

I'm not sure how this guy has fallen so far from being rookie of the year when he was with Tennessee. He looked so good in that season. I remember Buffalo signed him a few years ago to compete with Ryan Fitzpatrick for the starting job and he ended up being cut before the season started. What a fall from grace. He'll probably end up moving back to Texas and opening a restaurant or business in Austin.

I just find it strange that they would sign Young and then not keep him around for the regular season. That just doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but I am just a football fan and it doesn't have to make sense. The way they bragged him up and then just drop him. I would like to see Young get another chance somewhere, but who knows if that will happen or not.

I just find it strange that they would sign Young and then not keep him around for the regular season. That just doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but I am just a football fan and it doesn't have to make sense. The way they bragged him up and then just drop him. I would like to see Young get another chance somewhere, but who knows if that will happen or not.
Well now the Browns and Bills both need quarterbacks. I think it will be either VY, Tim Tebow or Josh Freeman. Apparently Freeman had a coke problem per some local sources (I'm in western new york). And the locals dont' want Tebow but I say bring him in. Bring on the circus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back