Organizing cards?

bamasa37sb34

Bench Warmer
With the college collecting group, I have gotten a rediculous number of Alabama base, RCs, and inserts (hell yeah, keep it up guys:dance:). The only problem is, right now I'm organizing by player and have huge freakin' stacks of cards needing to be organized (not cool.....will take quite a while to do this by player). So, now I'm thinking about organizing by year. Sorry if I'm
45c1bec4.gif
, but what are some other ways that you organize the base/RCs/inserts in your collections?

i do by player and then brand, makes the sorting easier than doing year, then i use excel to organize that way prior to selling

For my Joeys, they are all done by year in a big binder (only by year, I don't worry about keeping like sets/cards on the same page or anything). Actually, Kellen and Demetrius have their own pages too. Other guys get lumped by year. Eg, I have a binder for 2006 Duck rookies. I also have a binder for just beavers (done by year) and for Seahawks :D

I do mine in graded card boxes (fits the graded and one touch cards better) and organize by year. I don't worry about lumping players together at all. I have boxes for each year and just put any 05 rookies in that box, etc.

For my Joeys, they are all done by year in a big binder (only by year, I don't worry about keeping like sets/cards on the same page or anything). Actually, Kellen and Demetrius have their own pages too. Other guys get lumped by year. Eg, I have a binder for 2006 Duck rookies. I also have a binder for just beavers (done by year) and for Seahawks :D

you should not be allowed to reply to this thread, I have seen how your stuff is organized.:lollol:

By player in a binder, and if you want to go a step further, have the player pages sorted by year.

I have too many giants base cards, I did this for a while but gave up ;)

I have all of my Michael Clayton cards in My Collections on Beckett to keep track of what I have and need. Then all the Game Used and Autos go into a screw down and graded card bag. All the base and inserts go in a penny sleeve/top loader/team bag.

:salut:

Weathersby, Pollard, and Schweigert are put into My Collections, then sorted by year and set

Everything else goes into monster boxes (screwdowns, graded, all except tallballs and "wideboys"). Partially sorted by player and set, partially just put in and will organize later.

Since I collect Hall of Fame autos for all four sports each sport has its own box. Plus I have a giant what ever box that I just throw in stuff. Jerseys, rookies, autos that might some day make it and once in awhile there is a hidden treasure.

I'm REALLY OCD when it comes to organizing. All Jacksons are arranged by year; then by set name; then by subset, and if there are doubles, by serial number. OCD sucks...

I have a 20 gallon rubbermaid tub full of used top loaders and screw downs that is overflowing....all the used, taped up, or written on stuff.

My OSU collection is sorted by players last name. Then for each player I organize them by year and set name. It takes awhile too sort them all out but it's worth the time.

Back