OK, so what "OFFICALLY" Happened to CP?

The owner was Ever. It says account suspended, so from the looks of it, he did not pay the bills...

smileypopcornbeer.gif

I just got the high and low of it so if you guys wanna delete this it is fine. I am glad to get the PM version instead of the wattered down thread version and if there is anything I can do to help you guys out, just LMK

I have no problem saying what happened. Jaxfan(Ever) was the owner of CP, and after building the original version he rarely if ever even stopped by and the site was then maintained by Brett, the mods and of course, Reiji. There were several issues with the account in the past and at least one outage was due to a past due balance. At one point several months back, the owner approached some of us asking if we wanted to purchase CP because he was thinking of selling it. We put together a small group to purchase CP but our offer was rejected. At that point we made the decision to create a brand new site because there were just too many problems and the possibility it would be sold to someone who wasn't on the site. It was way too hard for Brett and the mods to keep up with these billing and account issues when they couldn't speak to the hosting company because their names weren't on the account. Some of the extended outages were directly related to tracking down the owner.

Brett and the mods did a tremendous job keeping that site running as if they were the owners and they should be commended for their efforts there.

Once the "billing issue" popped up again on CP a decision was made to open this site up, even though it is not close to ready. That in no way means Ever won't pay the bill and open the site back up but there may not be many members left. :D

We really hope that you like it and are patient with the progress. It WILL be everything that CP was and a lot more.

To all who have come here I :salut: you. Your feedback and feature requests are very welcome. Just know that this is a process and when requests are made they may not automatically be there the next day. Hope this clears things up.

I love you ALL!......well, most of you anyway.

Back