Basketball Off-season is here....who do you want your team to get?

bgomourto

Bench Warmer
The off-season is here. The draft is just a few days away and free agency just after that.

So, what player do you want your team to get? Try to be somewhat realistic. We all know every team wants Lebron, Kobe and Howard. What piece of the puzzle is your team missing and what would you be willing to give up?

It's time for the Blazers to move either Outlaw or Webster. I still think Outlaw has more upside, although Webster wasn't able to show ANYTHING this year because of injuries.

get rid of 1 of them, and fill the spot with a veteran who is alright being a teacher and a leader.

I disagree with a lot of people that we need a PG - I like Blake, and think he is perfect for our team. Most of his points come from timely shooting. He is a pass first point guard and a good floor leader. Give Bayless 1 more year to sit behind him, and then switch the two in the depth chart.

snag a PF to back up Aldridge, and 1 more role player and we are good to go!

Mavs need to get rid of Dampier, Stackhouse, Devean George, & Matt Carroll.
We need a center that can be consistant and provide offense/defense.
I would love someone like Chris Bosh, Amare Stoudemire, or Carlos Boozer.

Time for the Knicks to move Nate Robinson. Some team will overpay for him,so try to move him after he came off a decent season. They're not going to resign him when his contract is up,so they need to get something for him

Biggest need is a PG. Duhon wore down at the end of the year,and since they're saving money for the summer of Lebron,they'll have to get it in the draft

BHELSER1981 said:
It's time for the Blazers to move either Outlaw or Webster. I still think Outlaw has more upside, although Webster wasn't able to show ANYTHING this year because of injuries.

get rid of 1 of them, and fill the spot with a veteran who is alright being a teacher and a leader.

I disagree with a lot of people that we need a PG - I like Blake, and think he is perfect for our team. Most of his points come from timely shooting. He is a pass first point guard and a good floor leader. Give Bayless 1 more year to sit behind him, and then switch the two in the depth chart.

snag a PF to back up Aldridge, and 1 more role player and we are good to go!
I'd rather see Webster stay and Outlaw go. I'm always nervous when Outlaw has the ball in his hands. I also think you could get the most value for Outlaw NOW, especially with Webster's injury. Hopefully Martell can come back healthy.

I agree with keeping Blake because of our other options. Kidd, Miller etc. don't excite me over Blake.

The Celtics need really both another PG and center. Id like to trade Ray Allen for maybe a Mario Chalmers with Miami throwing in something. Id like to see them draft a nice center but probly not gonna happen

bgomourto said:
I'd rather see Webster stay and Outlaw go. I'm always nervous when Outlaw has the ball in his hands. I also think you could get the most value for Outlaw NOW, especially with Webster's injury. Hopefully Martell can come back healthy.

I agree with keeping Blake because of our other options. Kidd, Miller etc. don't excite me over Blake.

the only problem I see with Webster, is that he refuses to create his own shot - I know that he can.......but he would rather sit outside and wait for the ball to come to him.

glendavis said:
The Celtics need really both another PG and center. Id like to trade Ray Allen for maybe a Mario Chalmers with Miami throwing in something. Id like to see them draft a nice center but probly not gonna happen

You want Miami to take on an expiring contract in Ray for a young player with some decent upside in Chalmers,and throw in something??:confused:

ray allen is the only reason the celtics made it as far as they did! ray-ray doesnt hit some timely 3's, chicago would have been in the second round

GotGibson? said:
I hope Thabeet is there at the 3rd spot, but I don't see that happening.

I think he'll be. I think with Gasol in the middle for Memphis,they may look for a bigger need

Back