NOW Poindexter is going after Vick!

thepistonsfan

Bench Warmer
:rolls eyes x10:

RICHMOND, Va. -- The prosecutor in the county where Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick has admitted to bankrolling a dogfighting operation plans to present evidence to the grand jury, Tuesday, that could possibly lead to an indictment.

"Yes, I'm presenting matters to the grand jury that involve dogfighting at 1915 Moonlight Road," Surry County Commonwealth Attorney Gerald G. Poindexter told The Associated Press in a telephone interview Monday night.

Moonlight Road is the address of the two-story home on 15 mostly undeveloped acres that has been host to "Bad Newz Kennels" since 2001. It's where dozens of pit bulls were found in April, and where they were trained, fought and brutally executed.

"Most of the matters that I'm presenting have already been admitted in sworn statements authored by the defendants in the federal proceedings," Poindexter said.

Poindexter couldn't detail the exact indictments he will pursue, but said the local investigation and the federal investigation largely focused on different crimes.

Click the link for the full article.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3034935

:ban:

Enough is enough. I think we all need to move on.

-Lonnie

He violated both Federal and State laws. The federal government can only prosecute the federal crimes. It should be no suprise that the State's Attorney's office wants to pursue the state law violations as well. It was my understanding that they had been planning on indicting Vick from the beginning but they took a backseat when the Federal indictment was filed.

He violated both Federal and State laws. The federal government can only prosecute the federal crimes. It should be no suprise that the State's Attorney's office wants to pursue the state law violations as well. It was my understanding that they had been planning on indicting Vick from the beginning but they took a backseat when the Federal indictment was filed.

figured let the feds do all the work.

vickfriend.jpg

OVERKILL , now why didn't he just do his first ? Stuff like this always make me question motives for certain things. NOT a Vick backer but c'mon the guy is gonna do time anyway and if you had the evidence in the first place then he should have moved forward then.

OVERKILL , now why didn't he just do his first ? Stuff like this always make me question motives for certain things. NOT a Vick backer but c'mon the guy is gonna do time anyway and if you had the evidence in the first place then he should have moved forward then.

As Zeeck said, I'm pretty sure this is the standard way of doing things. Feds charges first and then state charges. If this were happening to a regular citizen people would be happy to see this. If he didn't want this to happen he should've never did the crime. :D

As Zeeck said, I'm pretty sure this is the standard way of doing things. Feds charges first and then state charges. If this were happening to a regular citizen people would be happy to see this. If he didn't want this to happen he should've never did the crime. :D

So just for the sake of argument...............

Yes it's done like this in Cali as a norm but they also take the cases that give the most time as a priority so with that being said the VA charges carry around 40yrs , so why now ?

Me thinks it's because they didn't/don't have a case unless Vick pled out to either their case or the Feds which in this case was the Feds because they had an ACTUAL case based on the work they did. So now they wish to pile on ?

Also if their case was so strong from jump the Feds would have let them take it away. Basically all i'm really saying is does Vick need at least 40 more yrs added on to what he's getting ? Even if he pleads he'll still get at least around 8-15 more on top of the Fed charges , to me that's overkill. AND I LOVE DOGS AND ALL ANIMALS IN PARTICULAR and I could never go hunting unless I needed food.

I think there must be an election coming up soon :LOL:

And you're right he should have NEVER done the crime.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was talkin to a buddy of mine today he said he goes federal first then state for like 40 years... he said VA has worst penalties of all states for that crime.:cheers:

I hope that after the Feds are done with him and the State is done with him then the County goes after him and then the town he lives in goes after him.

If a private citizen could then convict him I'd move there and do it to.

Do you guys really think he should get 40 years for killing dogs?

more. It was premeditated and well planned out. And not just once or twice either. He admitted to 8, I'd bet the shop there are many many more we don't know of.

He is nothing more than a thug.

more. It was premeditated and well planned out. And not just once or twice either. He admitted to 8, I'd bet the shop there are many many more we don't know of.

He is nothing more than a thug.

Exactly. It's not like this was a one-time thing where he was just doing it for the hell of it. He'd been doing this ish for years.

I, for one think Andy is way off base on this topic...usually. But he is right about one thing. Fourty years is deffinitely overkill. And didnt the county prosecutor question if race was involved in the Feds taking over the investigation? And now he jumps in? I think someone needs the spotlight and is jumping on the bandwagon to get re-elected.

There are people convicted of killing kids (neglect, abuse, shaken baby, etc) that dont get half that time.

I am all for Vick going to prison for what he has done, and I think he may end up getting off lightly by the time it is said and done.But there is no way Vick should do more time than anyone in a Va prison that has killed a human being for Christ's sake.

Back