NFL Draft Prospects and Sports Cards

Mike

TP9 | VC15
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Johnny "Football" Manziel is leading the pack for collectors and sale prices for the prospects in tonight's NFL draft according to Beckett football editor Susan Lulgjuraj. According to Susan Manziel's cards are selling for almost twice as much as any other player's cards from this year's draft, with prices falling in the $150-300 range for his college uniform cards already released, according to Lulgjuraj. Expect those prices to raise dramatically after tonight's draft, especially if he goes somewhere in the top 10.

Also among the top prospects, as far as sports cards go, are Teddy Bridgewater and A.J. McCarron.

In the interview Lulgjuraj shares her thoughts on this year's NFL draft class overall, and even compared it to the 2012 draft class. I, in no way, feel like this draft class is as strong as the 2012 draft class but it is strong. Is it strong enough to bring a little bit of the hype of collecting that was long with the 2013 draft class? I guess only time will tell.

Other players mentioned as "runner-up" type of guys who might be expected to come on strong as the season nears are Blake Bortles and Tajh Boyd.

One player who I'm looking to have a huge impact during their rookie year, and whose card prices could sail, is Mike Evans (Manziel's favorite target at A&M). He's a big, physical receiver, who will be a definite goal line threat for any defense.

Last edited:
I was going to post something along these lines, as I was going to get input on the 'where does he land' or whatever insert set Leaf has where 41 cards are issued for each team and wherever Manziel lands you send in the redemption card for an auto...

I was looking to grab a Jordan Lynch or two, but his UD Star Rookie autos are doing over $10 dlvd, maybe after he calms down ill grab a couple before camp

as for Manziel cards spiking, I don't see it, unless he goes to the Cowboys...buyers are going to want the CHEAPEST auto available for the most part...so I see the floor going up, but the ceiling has already been hit

Back