Newest news On LA football team

vetsgt02

Bench Warmer
Well if someone wants we could "sticky" this so we do not have to make a bunch of new post and can keep all the news together :)

13Feb09 Final approval for stadium and they are now contacting teams
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9112052/NFL-back-to-L.A.?-City-approves-stadium-plan

Updated 28Jan08
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3862793
I like how he said" "We will not be bringing a termination notice to the City of San Diego between Feb. 1 and May 1," Fabiani told the newspaper. "

as of 13Jan09 They are considering Dodger Stadium and one team there is word of is maybe the Chargers. I know I know do not yell at me I am just the messenger boy :salut:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/01/all-football-in.html

That sound alot like on may second they just might say PEACE and leave

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if someone wants we could "sticky" this so we do not have to make a bunch of new post and can keep all the news together :)

Anyways as of 13Jan09 They are considering Dodger Stadium and one team there is word of is maybe the Chargers. I know I know do not yell at me I am just the messenger boy :salut:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/01/all-football-in.html
To hell with that. Dodger Stadium is a baseball stadium. They better not even think of wrecking it by trying to make it a football stadium. Also, I don't want any San Diego trash in Dodger Stadium as the home team.

Just go back to the Coliseum or build a new stadium.

To hell with that. Dodger Stadium is a baseball stadium. They better not even think of wrecking it by trying to make it a football stadium. Also, I don't want any San Diego trash in Dodger Stadium as the home team.

Just go back to the Coliseum or build a new stadium.

Oh come on Dustin, you are telling me you wouldn't want a similar "Mount Davis" style of addition to Chavez Ravine like at the Oakland Coliseum? No need to worry about the field being used in October in the future anyways.

:)

Oh come on Dustin, you are telling me you wouldn't want a similar "Mount Davis" style of addition to Chavez Ravine like at the Oakland Coliseum? No need to worry about the field being used in October in the future anyways.

:)
Ya know, just when I think loathe Northern TJ more than SF, Mike is there to re-affirm my hatred of everything San Francisco. Thanks dude! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont think any NFL team wants to go to the Coliseum. A big reason a few of the teams left there was because they wouldnt do renovations that included luxury boxes.

Yeah, unfortunately the City of San Diego (even tho they used this as a talking point to oust City Attorney Michael Agiurre) is doing little to retain the Chargers. Heck, one of the first things that our new City Attorney, Jan Goldsmith did was to file a lawsuit against the Chargers! (if you can't tell, I LOVED Mike A, he was the guy who kept the City Hall Repubs in check) The talks of the new stadium have faltered, and even the NFL has said that the Quallisewer is unfit for Super Bowls (in America's Finest City? pfft)

The writing is on the wall for the Chargers to move, and even tho I am not a Chargers fan, I will be sad, because I really don't want to do LA football any more, after having braved about 3-4 Seahawks v Raiders games when the Raiders were there.

Still have the old Seahawks t-shirt from the first Seahawks game I attended, complete with ciggy burns from crap thrown at me. Fortunately the beer, hot dog ketchup and mustard and other crap washed out. I treasure that shirt :dance:

Plus, for the past several years, I've got to see my Seahawks in preseason for cheap :cool:

Is Orange county in the LA area also? Or is it Florida - excuse my ignorance. I do find it astonishing that such a great game sees relocating as a necessary evil. ONE team has done that in soccer over here and it caused no end of problems. Is it purely money issues behind the decision?

Is Orange county in the LA area also? Or is it Florida - excuse my ignorance. I do find it astonishing that such a great game sees relocating as a necessary evil. ONE team has done that in soccer over here and it caused no end of problems. Is it purely money issues behind the decision?

Yes there is a Orange County in LA and Flordia. :)

Back