New Homepage + Featured Threads

Mike

TP9 | VC15
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
As I'm sure most of you have probably already noticed, we have added a new homepage to TCZ when you visit https://www.sportscardclub.com directly. For those of you who use a bookmark to visit the forums, simply replace your old bookmark URL with https://www.sportscardclub.com/forums/. The homepage was added so that we can feature some different things going on at TCZ to new members who might find browsing the forums a little overwhelming. If you have any suggestions for things you would like to see on the homepage, feel free to mention those here or PM me any time.

Another thing that we've added recently is the ability for us to "feature" certain threads.There is no specific criteria for featured threads other than they must be well written, and informative. Other than that, it's up to team member discretion. To see all of the currently featured threads, you can visit our featured threads page.

To put these two new features together, I've also designed a system that will grade all of the currently featured threads and automatically put the highest graded thread on TCZ's home page. I won't disclose the exact algorithm it uses for grading, but I will say that the more members who find your thread useful, the higher grade it will get.

I keep forgetting it was changed, so every time I click "home" from the top banner I get a pleasant surprise of the new homepage.:D

you and me both...I thought I was going crazy the other day, as im not a fan of change, I am a creature of habit...
Same here it takes me a little while to adjust to changes, especially website changes. At least it isn't a major overhaul like Ebay likes to do from time to time.

Now that we've been running the new homepage for a while now, the question becomes what do you guys think of it? Do you like the homepage, or would you rather the homepage simply be directed to the forum home?

Since everyone mentioned that they liked the homepage we've opted to keep it going. That said, it has been updated a bit. We can now add custom icons and backgrounds to each thread, and we're now displaying 2 different featured threads on the homepage rather than just the 1.

We're still using the same algorithm to determine which featured threads are displayed. Again, the details won't be disclosed, but it is definitely based on thread activity/usefulness.

To see a list of all the threads that have been featured check out the featured threads page. If there is a thread that you feel like should be featured, and isn't, feel free to report that thread or simply PM a team member to let them know what you think.

Back