Register or log in to remove this ad.

New California traffic fines

Seahawklady

Bench Warmer
For those of you living in Cali, take note, for those not living in Cali, point and laugh at us:

New Driving Fines for 2007

1. Carpool lane - 1st time $1068.50 starting 7/1/07 (The $271 posted on the highway is old). Don't do it again because 2nd time is going to be doubled, 3rd time tripled, and 4th time your license will be suspended.

2. Incorrect lane change - $380. Don't cross the lane on solid lines or intersections.

3. Block intersection - $485

4. Driving on the shoulder - $450

5. Cell phone use in the construction zone. - Double fine as of 07/01/07.
Cell phone use must be "hands free" while driving.

6. Passengers over 18 not in their seatbelts - both passengers and drivers get tickets.

7. Speeders can only drive 3 miles above the limit.

8. DUI = JAIL (Stays on your driving record for 10 years!)

9. As of 07/01/07 cell phone use must be "hands free" while driving.
Ticket is $285. They will be looking for this like crazy - easy money for police department.

Deangelo Hall Fan

Bench Warmer
Speeders can only drive 3 miles above the limit.

ARE you kidding me? so if I'm going 59 in a 55 i get a ticket? WTF?

Good god, my bro is gonna get hammered with tickets.

Even I drive 5-7 miles over the speed limit, never thought that would matter...holy ####

Zo

Bench Warmer
People need to get off the dam cell phone while they are driving anyway. While they are at it they need to throw some fines in for people doing other stupid **** while they are driving.

Seahawklady

Bench Warmer
Speeders can only drive 3 miles above the limit.

ARE you kidding me? so if I'm going 59 in a 55 i get a ticket? WTF?

Good god, my bro is gonna get hammered with tickets.

Even I drive 5-7 miles over the speed limit, never thought that would matter...holy ####

Depends on the cops in your area, Loghan. I don't know North County. I DO know that I'm hitting my Verizon store up for a better ear-thingy than the one I have. Guess they need to fix the SD $$$ one way or another :lollol::lollol::lollol::lollol::lollol:

...sigh. this just makes my commute from school / work THAT much harder.
i drive about 35-45 minutes a day from school to home then from work to home, etc etc. new fines = :ban:
the only one im really worried about is the cell phone one :doh:

swany

Bench Warmer

That is one thing I noticed while driving in LA a few weeks ago. Even though the streets would be packed...hardly anyone would block an intersection. People do that all the time in downtown Indianapolis it drives me crazy.

Zo

Bench Warmer
I don't see any of this as negative. All the stuff that you have listed above is annoying as ****. Also, I don't see cops enforcing all of this. As always, it's up to the cop as to weather or not he is going to mess with you or not.

Will

Prospect
New Driving Fines for 2007

I understand this one. It irks me to no end people who think their sh*t dont stink and dont wanna wait in traffic. I see this go on ALL the time when Im running a route for work in Houston. And you women that try claiming a unborn child as the 2nd passenger, gimme a f'n break.
1. Carpool lane - 1st time $1068.50 starting 7/1/07 (The $271 posted on the highway is old). Don't do it again because 2nd time is going to be doubled, 3rd time tripled, and 4th time your license will be suspended.

This one is kinda dumb. Ive done it several times and Ill keep doing it. There are a few areas I drive through for work where doing this actually keeps traffic flowing smoother than waiting for the dotted line area where everyone is trying to get off while alot of us are trying to get on.
2. Incorrect lane change - $380. Don't cross the lane on solid lines or intersections.

This one is debateable. How many times have you been driving in traffic and someone stops short, say even at a yellow light? That makes everyone else behind them stop and when you should have been across and not blocking, suddenly you are. Not always the blocking drivers fault.

Im the same on this as the carpool lane.
4. Driving on the shoulder - $450

I can agree all cell phone usage needs to be made hands free everywhere. Granted I can talk and drive at the sametime just fine, not everyone can and Ive seen it in person. When I use it, I always slow down to about 5 or 10 under so Im not the one running into anyone.
5. Cell phone use in the construction zone. - Double fine as of 07/01/07.
Cell phone use must be "hands free" while driving.

These days people under 18 are bigger than me so the age thing is just dumb. I say at 13 or so, its debateable. This should be pointed more towards infants and toddlers. Even then, they shouldnt be in the front seats.
6. Passengers over 18 not in their seatbelts - both passengers and drivers get tickets.

Cant argue this one. Speeding is speeding and if its above the limit, youre breaking the law. I wonder how much per mile over the fines are. Most cops, depending on the situation, here in Tx dont bother anyone unless its close to 10 over. I stick to 5 over and no more and Ive gotten along just fine.
7. Speeders can only drive 3 miles above the limit.

This one is damned if you do, damned if you dont.
8. DUI = JAIL (Stays on your driving record for 10 years!)

See #5.
9. As of 07/01/07 cell phone use must be "hands free" while driving.
Ticket is $285. They will be looking for this like crazy - easy money for police department.

Lexis

Prospect
point and laugh :lollol:

PA got enough dumb things, one of them right now is for the teenagers under 18, if caught speeding, running red light etc., a note will be sent home to their parents besides getting the fine :roll: (like the parents won't find out anyways) .......... but must say yours are better :thumbleft:

lumm0x

Rookie
Bang on in agreement with Will. Some are not always the driver's fault and most are just driver stupity and deserving of the fines. Good for Cali doing away with driver idiocy.

f8n4tune

Bench Warmer
As a Cali driver it's about time they did the cell phone thing ! Why TF do you think it has voice mail ? Don't drive and talk , hands free or not imo. It's way too much a distraction , I get on my wife about it all the time. And for those that think slowing down to talk on it is cool , it's actually one of the problems. You mess up the flow of traffic. And cause people to redirect or correct their driving.

Pretty much all these laws will be just lke the seatbelt law , you'll never get it(except the speeding one) unless they are pulling you over anyway or are riding next to you and see it.

Man i've seen people doing their eyes & hair , reading books , eating or making food while driving on the freeway and I always wonder where the Highway Patrol is when you need them.

Last edited by a moderator: