New and looking to sell

noextratime

Bench Warmer
Hi folks,

I'm new to forum and really I'm only here for one reason. My father used to sell sports cards and comic books and now he's looking to sell off his collection of cards. He's 70 and not interested in doing the leg work of taking pictures and asking around.

My name is Devin, I used to love collecting cards when I was younger but I quickly changed my focus from sports cards to Magic/Pokemon/Yu-gi-oh, which was more in line with my interest in video games.

I'm going to post a picture here to give you an idea of what there is but no specifics yet. I'll post those in the respective forums.

So far I've taken pics of the Hockey stuff and once I've resized the photos I'll be able to post them up and hopefully there's some interest here.

Half of this is Baseball and half is Hockey. There are also sealed cases of upperdeck hockey I think.

1 Group.jpg

Good luck. Keep in mind that on ANY card forum you visit you will probably have to send first even when you are selling because you are a new member.

Thanks Taliasen, sending first does seem to be standard forum rules. But what about when I post Wayne Gretzky's rookie card? I don't think I'd be able to send that first :p

Thanks Taliasen, sending first does seem to be standard forum rules. But what about when I post Wayne Gretzky's rookie card? I don't think I'd be able to send that first :p
That logic works both ways, though. Established members aren't gonna send hundreds of dollars to someone brand new selling Gretzky rookie cards. Not saying you are a scammer, but that con has been done many times before. New members are placed on MSF for a reason. They have no credibility yet as a trader/seller, and have to earn it on every forum they join including here at SCC. Would you send a thousand bucks to someone who just joined the site 10 minutes ago? I know I wouldn't!

We offer members the escrow service, where both the buyer, and seller send the funds, and the card/s to a stfff member, and once both are received they send out both ends to the members in the deal. That involves extra shipping costs, which are paid buy the parties involved, but gives everyone peace of mind. All deals are sent with insurance, and tracking to cover all the basics.

Unfortunately, as a staff we have to impose the MSF rule here. Anyone who decides to send money to an MSF seller is on their own should things go south. At some point members have to make up their own minds on how to conduct their business on the site. We can't babysit every deal. MSF isn't personal, it's a precaution the staff gives to our established members that at one point, or another were in the same boat, and earned have earned their reputation here over time, and many good transactions. Nobody likes it, but it's a necessary way of doing things on trade sites.

By the way, welcome to the site! Looking forward to some future deals with you. :cool:
Troy

I see a lot of early 90's Upper Deck, Score, and Parkhurst on that table. I ripped a ton of that stuff back in the hay day. Unfortunately, I still have most of it, as does everyone else who collected hockey back then! :eek: Man, I remember the good old days when UD Fedorov, Bure, and Selanne rookies went for big bucks. Is that a couple boxes of 90-91 OPC Premier Hockey I see in the middle? I made bank with that product getting $200 a box for some of my extra boxes that I didn`t open. That was extremely hot when it first came out. 89 Upper Deck Baseball, and 90 Leaf was huge, as well.

Are you gonna post a price list for boxes? May be interested in a couple to take a walk down memory lane with. Those 90 Score Brodeur rookies have got to be worth something some day? Problem is shipping cost to here may make it impossible to justify a purchase?

Last edited:
I'll be posting these With individual pics soon and then I'll be taking offers. I don't expect to get $100s/box or anything like that. I'd like some fair offers but postage needs to be considered.

Back