Racing NASCAR Hobby Laugh of the Day

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
Had a non-SCC member contact me through another site about trading my Hockey Autographs (Bowman and Yzerman), along with a few of my Detroit Lions Game-Used and my Danica Patrick Race-Used for his NASCAR.

I have no problem checking other photobuckets and list, but...

When the "best" card in the photobucket is a KYLE PETTY Numbered Base... (yes! I said Kyle PETTY, not Kyle Busch!)

I am at a lost for words.

Laugh of the Day? More like... I wanted to cry, thinking that someone in the hobby would seriously make an offer that was so absurd, that the only thing that made sense of the whole deal, was he was willing to send first, in a bubble mailer, with Delivery Confirmation.

I politely sent an email back, apologizing that I did not see anything I could use... when, in fact, I should have sent an email asking him if his mother had dropped him on his head (more than once I'm sure!) as a baby.

And probably the saddest thing about this whole scenario... I have have seen this guy on several different boards since 2001, so he's not a novice.

Your 1st choice was better, the other was just too funny lol

As for me, I have no real issue with trading autos and game used (relics) for base or inserts of cards I want, like Packers, but the cards have to be of at least equal value, either BV or market-wise.

Really, I should be asking for more, and sometime I do for some cards, but I try my best to be fair about it, and like you, open up-front about what my expectaions are for a particular card.

Take my Gordon auto,for example: There's no way in heck that I'm going to trade it for BV (as I've been advised it's at, though with no confirmation), as I believe the BV to be too low, given the scarcity of the card on the market (I can't find any available), so I'm more than happy to keep it forever, rather than "taking a beating" on it lol

Nah, you did the right thing: Be polite and "pass" on an offer that isn't in your best interest. ;)

Sad part is this kind of offers seems to be the normal now or at least most of the time for me. There was a card dealer at the national that dealt only nascar so I asked if they trade or would use cards I had to off set the cost. Was told sorry we don't trade good luck with you collecting.
I use to trade more but got tried of the crap like you describe so don't really trade much anymore.

I use to trade more but got tried of the crap like you describe so don't really trade much anymore.

Im the same way. I have SOOO much stuff Ive picked up recently but have absolutely no desire to post it up and deal with the crap. Id rather just sit on it until I have to move it to make room and save me the hassle, lol.

Btw, off topic, but I just remembered this....... I pulled another Stewart Fan Favorites SP in another retail blaster after our trade, like the day I said I noticed ou pulled a second too, Im starting to think that they had a few more of him than the rest, LOL! I still cant find the Jr to save my life for trade...... Ill just suck it up and eBay it I guess. :)

It's a shame but even when you sell the stuff it's a challenge. It's insulting when you price stuff more than half of guide (whether magazine or ebay prices) and someone offers half of that so basically 75 to 85 % of value. Hell maybe I should start selling by stating I'll pay you to take my stuff or I'll give it to and I'll pay for shipping. It just takes a lot of the fun of collecting away.

Back