Basketball My take on the incident at MSG

why showboat so much to get him peeved off and make the fight happen.Why not take the starters off so the fight doesn't happen and they don't run up the score.Nate said himself the fight happend becuz of the nuggets running up the score.He also said if it was the other way around the knicks would have taken there 2 best players off marbury and curry.It was the nuggets fault.

17jeremy said:
its not a matter of going easy on them if you already know you won and everybody knows it why keep going full out doesn't make sense.All in all it doesn't matter becuz the nuggets will get the bad end out of it and they deserve it.Also if you were to ask someone what respect is when they absolutley kill you in the game or like you said go have a drink after the game.I'd say respect is having mercy when you know you've won rather than having a drink after the game and after you humulate them.lol.thats not respect.

Then we will have to agree to disagree then... showing mercy is not what the games is about. I have competitied in martial art tourney's... you do not let up, I don't care how far ahead you are in points (my tourneys you knew with every flag and a yell of "POINT") I am also in sales... and in any competiton I learned to get inside my opponenents head, screw with him, weaken him, do what ever it takes to make him weaker the next time... maybe that was the message being sent to the Nuggets? If we can't beat you on the score baord, we will hurt you in the lane... if so that is disrespecful because now you are talking about peoples careers being ended when something goes too far... knees, what ever... Go back in History to an ugly time when Kermit Washington took out Rudy T. with a brutal punch that caused Rudy to have a complete facial reconstructive surgery... we don't need it ever to get to that point again.

Bottom line... and not even subject to debate really...

• [1]Collins foul was hard, Flagrant 2, not legal that's why it's a flagrant 2

• [2]JR's response was legal even if it escalted things (he was not even given a "T" at that point)

• [3]Nate was being stupid

• [4]Melo is a puss

• [5]Thomas is an a@@

• [6]The NBA is all about show-boating or it would be illegal too dunk in any fashion

• [7]If this happened on the street with that hard of a foul, there would be cops, ambulances, and body bags :eek: :D

marbury and curry are not good, just wanted to say that

2nd off, if they are so bad of sore losers that they have to go and flagrant foul the other team cause they cant take defeat, they desrve to get in a fight.

lol dude your talking about situations that are totally different then a basketball game let alone a sports game.First with your daughter then with the martial arts tourney and then with your work.A proffesional basketball game is different then all of them.Any other team would have taken mercy and let the starters off.Although i think the nuggets wouldn't do this again they still shouldn't have done this time in the first place.

Also on all your points your obvisouly on the nuggets side but i could make the same points with jr melo and the coach of the nuggets bieng an a**.And if this was on the street there would be body bags becuz obvisouly melo and jr can't fight and would be the first to get it.

J.R. Smith Collector said:
marbury and curry are not good, just wanted to say that

2nd off, if they are so bad of sore losers that they have to go and flagrant foul the other team cause they cant take defeat, they desrve to get in a fight.

agreed there aren't very good players but there the 2 best on the team thats what i meant.Who says jr is all that good eiher.lol jokes.The knicks should'nt have fouled so hard but if the nuggets would have taken their starters off in the first place there would'nt have been a fight and if there was a fight and they were off i would'nt be having this debate becuz my point is i think the fight started becuz the niuggets ran up the score they should'nt have so there was a fight.I was just watching it again and Really melo and jr are big wussys i mean they push and punch then run away come on.

never said JR was good.... but he is the 2nd best on the team, scoring wise (but Id probably take Miller over him or something like that)

so then you are saying its George Karls fault for the fight.

yes an no.Im saying he might have been able to prevent it if he took his starters off because the knicks clearly said the fight started becuz they were running up the score.On the other hand it really wasnt the coaches fault becuz the players were the one who faught not him and he has no control over that.

contradicting yourself youngun.

If Karl doesnt have the players in, there is no fight, thats what you are saying.

But its not because the players faught? Its called cause and effect.

barneypic.jpg

I love you, you love me. We're a happy family.
With a Great big Bear hug and a sissy slap from melo to you.
Wont you say im suspended too.

im saying if karl has his players in there is a fight becuz there running up the score.If he doesn't there might have not been a fight but if there was hey the nuggets don't lose out because there star players aren't on and getting suspended.Thats what i meant.Really Karl should have taken them off in my opinion but since he made a mistake by not taking them off there was a fight.Its not really one persons fault but im saying Karl could have prevented it or got his star players off so they don't get suspended.

17jeremy

I hate to go here... but how old are you?

why showboat so much to get him peeved off and make the fight happen

What? Are the Knicks that big of removed-modthey can't handle getting beat, you want to protect their feelings?

...and what part of of me calling Melo a puss did ya miss?

All this whining about getting school'd in a game... calling 911 right now...
mnPlYRpVw7xqT7v0VVkDr2VjtpyJ.jpg

The NBA is not little league, or any kids sport... it's big time, money making commercial property, guys get paid millions to win, to play hard, to fill seats with fans who will pay to see them play, to slam dunk, to basket hang, not to sit on the bench suspended, or worse... in a hospital...that is the reason Stern wants to keep a lid on on this crap... if the suspensions are less then the last big brawl I will be shocked.

kromeace said:
17jeremy

I hate to go here... but how old are you?

What? Are the Knicks that big of pussies they can't handle getting beat, you want to protect their feelings?

...and what part of of me calling Melo a puss did ya miss?

All this whining about getting school'd in a game... calling 911 right now...
mnPlYRpVw7xqT7v0VVkDr2VjtpyJ.jpg

The NBA is not little league, or any kids sport... it's big time, money making commercial property, guys get paid millions to win, to play hard, to fill seats with fans who will pay to see them play, to slam dunk, to basket hang, not to sit on the bench suspended, or worse... in a hospital...that is the reason Stern wants to keep a lid on on this crap... if the suspensions are less then the last big brawl I will be shocked.

100% agree

Showboating is part of the game, it makes the NBA what it is, it draws crowds to the game and makes fans want to watch it. If you can handle being part of the worse end of the highlights reel, then get out or learn how to lose sometimes and grow up.

im 16 and i thought you were defending the nuggets i didn't see you say melo was a puss.Sure the knicks can be handled getting beat but they don't wanna be killed or embarassed just like very other team.And heres a story i rememer.When i was a kid i played hockey in a few leagues and when we would come across a wekaer team and got ahead enough that we knew we would win we sat our best players and had mercy.There coach would shake hands with ours and have respect.Same goes for now with me b-ball team im on now.

Showbaoting issue yes you guys have your point accross it is allowed i never said it wasn't im saying they don't need to do it after they know they have already won.

Theres a difference from kids and Men.

These players get paid millions, kids, they can not control their emotions, and will call the "waambulance" once they lose, I know they feeling as well.

But when you have grown men, getting paid enourmously, they should just say, look we lost, get over it, and come back the next game.

Back