Basketball My take on the incident at MSG

Yeah, im not going to be biased. What nate did was really dumb and he just made things worse, but I saw it as a way to stick up for his teammate... he saw things were getting ugly between them and tried separating it, but it didnt work out well...

i saw another similar thing in a unc game earlier... hansbrough was going up and was thrown to the ground... called a flagrant foul, and he didnt do anything. Just got up and went to the line. Could have been a serious injury if he went down oddly too... it was similar to collins attacked smith.

J.R. Smith Collector said:
So Randall and Josh, what would you have done? There is no way either of you would just walk away and get up after that.

ya, thats basketball S*** happens.....

Quincy8Douby said:
The whole reason they fouled so hard was because it was a disgrace that the nuggets still had their starters in and were just showing off at this point. JR already had a showboat dunk a few minutes earlier and was about to do it again. The Knicks were tired of being humiliated and collins fouled him hard. Yes it was dumb for nate to make the fight even worse and for this whole thing to happen, but I mean the only reason the nuggets had guys like jr, melo, and camby in were to do highlight reel plays.

exactly what i would say.I agree.And the whole reason why melo and j.r lead the league in dual points is probab;y because there showboating and wanna kill the teams and never come off.Its stupid and disrespectful.

LMAO

To say you can globber a guy the way Collins did and not have the guy get in your grill is abusrd at best. That is a minimum, and I am VERY surprised he didn't come up swinging (had it been a player you liked you would probably be justifying that very reaction)

Nate F'd up by fronting JR... that is not protecting your player, you really believe that? Protecting your man getting fronted for what he did would have been... pushing him away and letting him know it's not worth getting suspended for, tell him... cool foul bro, anything like that, but get him away... but going up to the guy that got hammered and jumping into his grill is just stupid, and gives the other side just cause to ramp crap up even more.

Calling JR out saying he does not have class... that screams bias and does not even rate merit in a debate, class does not hammer a guy because he is better then you...

This was a bunch over over paid babynaire$... you had your whiney losers getting there a@@ handed to them so they acted CLASS-LESS... ya got a sucker punching run-away-gurl... a Napoleonic angry thug... a goon like McSorely... a dumb a@@ whiney coach who F's up everything he touches... a show boater... chuck it all into a blender and there ya go... just like magic... you make a bunch of players dissappear!!

exactly what i would say.I agree.And the whole reason why melo and j.r lead the league in dual points is probab;y because there showboating and wanna kill the teams and never come off.Its stupid and disrespectful.

When I played cards games with my little girl... I CRUSHED HER... and I taught to her to hate me (jking) but you should have seen her face when she finally beat me... and when it became more frequent the joy was even better. I respected my little girl but not going easy on her, and she is more mature then these players whining and fighting on TV... and I can tell you she is not a quitter and a whiner.

Going easy on a guy who you are beating is disrespectful... we are not all created equal... take your loss like a man, or quit... OR... figure out how to get better and beat me at my own game... showing you that I am better then you is what it's all about isn't it? I want to beat my oppenent into submission! I want him to remember it the next time we play, get in his FN skull and mind F him... if he is a man he well come hard with more determiantion then ever to win... if he is a puss... pussies cry about respect when they lose... how ironic is that??

You respect your oppenent by playing fair, playing hard... Collins foul was hard, a flagrant 2, JR has the right to stare his a@@ down... then everybody chill and we continue, it should have been left there at that... Nate chose not too... end of story!

you have your opinion i have mine.In any game and any other team the starters would have come off and you know it.To run up the score and embarass the other team like that isn't right.You won so what its one game.And you know what since what melo and jr did the knicks will come back harder becuz when melo punches a guy in the head the runs away like a removed - modthe knicks will want revenge and will get it.not only do they run up the score but showboating after you've already won isn't right either.The nuggets will pay for it deeply and will have a tough time facing the knicks next time.

Call it right or wrong to show boat, but that is what the NBA is about (it's called marketing)

So you say show boating is OK if you are not beating me right? We should take away ALL slam dunks right? ALL basket hanging right? All of this is wrong if you are beating me... LOL... absurd! When is it OK then? Does it matter that it comes before or after the a@@ whipping?

... the pay back is beat them at their own game... not BEAT them... you really want me to go easy on you? Serious? Pay me back if ya can... but if ya can't then take it like a man or quit... I'll show you repsect AFTER the game... hell, I'll go have a drink with ya, I'll even buy... that's respect... but I won't call you or your family degrading names during the game... but once on that floor, I am going to show you how much better then you I am... unless you can prove me wrong.

its not a matter of going easy on them if you already know you won and everybody knows it why keep going full out doesn't make sense.All in all it doesn't matter becuz the nuggets will get the bad end out of it and they deserve it.Also if you were to ask someone what respect is when they absolutley kill you in the game or like you said go have a drink after the game.I'd say respect is having mercy when you know you've won rather than having a drink after the game and after you humulate them.lol.thats not respect.

The NUGGETS, themselves, dont deserve it. If you are saying they deserve it because they left their starters in, than that is Karls fault, not the players fault. He tells them what to do. NBA Teams do not just GIVE UP on scoring if you are winning. Name of the game is to win and score the most. Showboating is allowed, last time I checked, its not illegal.

J.R. Smith Collector said:
The NUGGETS, themselves, dont deserve it. If you are saying they deserve it because they left their starters in, than that is Karls fault, not the players fault. He tells them what to do. NBA Teams do not just GIVE UP on scoring if you are winning. Name of the game is to win and score the most. Showboating is allowed, last time I checked, its not illegal.

the nugget because of what they did with the fighting.you know when j.r tried to take on nate but hes not tough enough and when melo threw the punch and ran away like a girl becuz he is a girl.Plus since they were on and the coach didn't take them off at the right time.So the nuggets team deserves it like i said.Also yes i know teams don't give up on scoring but when they are winning by 25+ you don't keep your starters on unless your the nuggets of course.An example was last night with the heat.Wade had like 41 pts with 6 mins left and he didn't get another bucket.Thats becuz hes not selfish like jr and melo he doesn't wanna run up the score like the nuggets.Hes a classy guy and repsects that his team won and he does'nt wanna kill the other team.showboating is allowaed yes so i'll agree with you but im sure the nuggets are 1 of only few teams that showboat after they have already won or are winning by a huge amount.Oh well there will be suspensions being handed out but the nuggets will get it bad with the top 2 players being gone.

So because the COACH left them in, players are at fault? Mardy Collins is the genius that started it, and he even did the same thing the night before! Why hes not in the NBDL, i dunno. Of course, the fight was wrong, but the showbaoting, who gives a crap. If teams would play better, maybe that wouldnt happen. Why wouldnt Mardy just let JR go if the game got so out of hand, why foul him the way he did?

Back