Basketball My take on the incident at MSG

Johan Santana #57

Bench Warmer
Alright, first off, I want to establish, this is not a biased comment, nor do I condone what any one did during the brawl.

Here is my take on the situation.

Game is almost ending, the game still has to go on. That means, players are still gonna score, and not just dribble and pass. The knicks could care less about the game, it was just a simple fast break, happens all the time. Collins, from behind, Fouls hard (choking) JR. JR gets right up, and stares him down. That still doesnt warrant anything. JR and Mardy probably say some words, cause Nate comes in, unless he is just trying to protect Collins cause JR had some bad looks at Collins, like he wanted to hit him (which I dont doubt). Nate then comes in, throws a punch or slap, or whatever you want to call it. JR then, goes at nate, grabs him, and throws him to the ground. Everyone is saying Nate is a beast for throwing him down, but I watched it over and over and I come to the conclusion that JR threw Nate down, but the way he threw him down makes it look like a tackle and since he was on top, it looks like he did it, but JR was the one who ahd all the momentum and brought him down to the floor. Now, if JR did throw Nate down, that only hurts his cause and can get suspended more, but this is what I think happened. So that shows Im not biased right there. No doubt, Nate is a beast though and is fearless. After that part, JR did throw the punches, cant take that away. Then it was calm, melo threw an idiotic punch and ran away like a girl.

My take on the causes. People say JR caused it by the stare, then when I tell them, it wouldnt have happened if Collins wasnt a sore loser, then you will just say Karl shouldnt have had them in. Well, Knicks fans, get over it, your team was sucking, and is horrible. There is no rule saying players have to be taken out. The game still has to finish regardless who is on the court. NBA Players have lost before, its only a game, Collins was a sore loser, so he felt by fouling hard on a dunk that would accomplish much. Guess what, you still lose and you only hurt yourself, and Collins actions fueled EVERYTHING. I bet not one of you would not be like JR and stand up to Collins face after you get CHOKED on a foul. Its human nature to react. No one can say they would bite their tongue or just go to the FT line. George Karl can play who he wants, when he wants. Simple, hes the coach. So if you want to go that route, blame Karl for the whole thing, suspend no one, and fire Karl, thats if you think Karl is at fault.

Now, to get Iverson? Now is the time they are desperate for him. They cant trade JR or Melo now for sure, since who knows the suspensions. But NENE isnt suspended. He is their best trade bait, with that large contract to get them up in $$$ for AI to match the salary. Theyve got picks, screw the pics, get rid of them, and then get AI. Simple, done, even better, get a third team to throw in a crappy player, send a 2nd rounder to them, and give the pick to Philly and the deal is done.

Again, I want to make sure people know, this was not a biased post, or a post to agree with anything that happened. Just wanted to show you my take on the situation.

Thanks

I gotta be honest and say theirs no way Jr threw Nate down. Nate like plunged at him and rapped around him like a tackle. Just my opinion on it. I do agree that it was stupid foul and Collins is a sore loser.

The whole reason they fouled so hard was because it was a disgrace that the nuggets still had their starters in and were just showing off at this point. JR already had a showboat dunk a few minutes earlier and was about to do it again. The Knicks were tired of being humiliated and collins fouled him hard. Yes it was dumb for nate to make the fight even worse and for this whole thing to happen, but I mean the only reason the nuggets had guys like jr, melo, and camby in were to do highlight reel plays.

That seems pretty biased :)

I think Nate tackled JR, JR had him going, but Nate turned it around...

They are both thugs. But, Collins shouldn't of fouled him so hard..he could of went for a lay-up (highly doubtful, JR seems like the type to rub something in)

He should of walked away, bu since alot of players have huge ego's, he stood there. If Tomlinson was playing basketball, he would of walked away :)

This whole fight was stupid, just like all fights. Overreaction. Hope JR, and Melo are out for a while.. mainly Melo, just because he's a girl.
Nate should be out soon, but his seemed more like a self-defense except maybe a minor hit.. but Melo tried to choke him first...

I have lost all respect for the Nuggets (except Miller and Camby)

I like Nate more, just because he is small ;)... he is still a thug. He just showed that you can't mess with him even though he is small.. yet ! he is still a thug..

I will stick to my Mavs...

If JR got up like a man, and went to the free throw line, none of this would have happened, and Collins would have been suspended by the league for the foul.

When he went after collins, (stare down or not) it caused other players to get involved.

Sounds biased, but it isnt. If I was biased, then I would say none of it is JRs fault and he did nothing wrong. By him taking nate to the ground he deserves a suspension.

lol why does everyone keep saying nate was defending himself. i just watched the video again and it appears he taunts JR first, then goes to push him, when melo comes in and grabs his neck.

Heres my take...

I kick your a@@ in the game playing the game... so be it... take your a@@ whipping like a man, and if ya don't like it... beat me at my own game, don't try to beat me up! That is the biggest baby a@@ move there is... no diff then playing street ball and I kick your butt, what? You go get a bat? You take me knees out in a play? Don't cry "RESPECT" to me after you pulling a BS hard foul... show me what kind of man you are and beat me at my GAME... not beat me!

You foul me hard I am in your face... that at a minimum is what you have coming, so REPECT that... but too have a mental midget with a angry short man attitude wanting to give me some... that's not respect. Nate needed to pull Collins aside with his BACK to JR... not try to front him... Nate ramped crap up, and that's what losers do when they get their a@@ handed to them.

Again... next game... hand it too me... run up the score... beat me at my own game... don't whine about respect when what ya did was play ground crap... If I were a coach I would run up the score everytime... why should I slow down and go easy on you... too me that is disrespectful, treating you like less then a man, treating you like a little boy and go easy on you so as not too hurt your feelings (Nate and Thomas whining afterwards was embarrassing- take thier guy cards now- along with Melo's)... a real man takes is loss and remembers, and that his his motivation for the next time they meet...

DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON MELO...

melo.jpg

kromeace said:
Heres my take...

I kick your a@@ in the game playing the game... so be it... take you a@@ whipping like a man, and if ya don't like it... beat me at my own game, don't try to beat me up! That is the biggest baby a@@ move there is... no diff then playing street ball and I kick your butt, what? You go get a bat? You take me knees out in a play? Don't cry "RESPECT" to me after you pulling a BS hard foul... show me what kind of man you are and beat me at my GAME... not beat me!

You foul me hard I am in your face... that at a minimum is what you have coming, so REPECT that... but too have a mental midget with a angry short man attitude wanting to give me some... that's not respect. Nate needed to pull Collins aside with his BACK to JR... not try to front him... Nate ramped crap up, and that's what losers do when they get their a@@ handed to them.

Again... next game... hand it too me... run up the score... beat me at my own game... don't whine about respect when what ya did was play ground crap... If I were a coach I would run up the score everytime... why should I slow down and go easy on you... too me that is disrespectful, treating you like less then a man, treating you like a little boy and go easy on you so as not too hurt your feelings (Nate and Thomas whining afterwards was embarrassing- take thier guy cards now- along with Melo's)... a real man takes his loss and remembers, and that his his motivation for the next time they meet...

DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON MELO...

melo.jpg

100% Agreed.

J.R. Smith Collector said:
Sounds biased, but it isnt. If I was biased, then I would say none of it is JRs fault and he did nothing wrong. By him getting took down to the ground by Nate, he deserves a suspension so he won't have to show his face because he got taken down by a little man :p .

:D

regardless, all he had to do is suck it up like a man, and he wouldnt be suspended for 10+ games. Just walk to the freethrow line and suck it up.

joshsmith said:
regardless, all he had to do is suck it up like a man, and he wouldnt be suspended for 10+ games. Just walk to the freethrow line and suck it up.

Its quite easy to say that after the fact. But you cant tell me no one else in the NBA, or yourself, would not get up in their faces. Dont even give me that crap. You got a guy who just jumped on you from behind and chokes you, then a midget coming up to you, pushing you, bear hugging you, putting his fists up and throwing a punch, you arent gonna do anything about it? No one would just let that go. Its human nature.

the midget didnt come until after jr jumped right into the guys face.

Its the nba, you have to be professional. Obviously he wasn't and he will get what he deserves.

lol just crazy if JR would have had class and kept his temper under control got up went to the free throw line we wouldnt be talking about this....

if mardy collins handt been a sour loser jr wouldnt have had to get in his face. either way Nate did what he had to do and so did JR.

Back