My son and I opened a box of Platinum.

GiantFan

Bench Warmer
My son sees me opening cards and getting cards in the mail and he took an interest. He is 8 years old and asked if we could go to another card show. Took a long time ago when Brett had a table. So this weekend we went to the White Plains show. 300 tables.

We bought a box of Platinum, a cheap box of wacky packages for him and also an LT card since he keep asking me for a card of the Giants best player ever.

I let him open all the packs and told him we were looking for cards with jerseys and autographs. When he pulled the Christine Michael is went nuts. Starting screaming YES YES and swinging his arms around. He almost trashed the card. Then I thought we were done with the hits in the box and told him there would be nothing good in the other packs and then hit the Glennon and he started screaming again. It was actually pretty damn awesome with how excited he got. Here is what we got out of the box.

Scan0002-1.jpg

Scan0003.jpg

Glennon2013PlatRC3ColorJersey59.jpg

ChristineMichael2013PlatRCAutoJerseySE99.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wacky packages are fun

and as another alternative, you can always bust an older product...tends to be much cheaper than the new crap

what are they numbered to jagoff

Glennon 59 and Michael 99? I'm not positive, that's the bad thing about those kind of cases.

Great pulls Rob! Maybe I'm old school but it seems crazy for a patch that nice to be /99 (if I am seeing correctly). Glad the kid had fun AND didn't wreck your cards!!

Glennon 59 and Michael 99? I'm not positive, that's the bad thing about those kind of cases.

Great pulls Rob! Maybe I'm old school but it seems crazy for a patch that nice to be /99 (if I am seeing correctly). Glad the kid had fun AND didn't wreck your cards!!

Thanks Andy! It is /99 and I was surprised also. That is the first thing I looked at because I thought it would be /25 or /10.

I was just thinking....It might be cool to video tape your kid opening a box. I'd love it if there was a video of my brother and me opening cards when we were kids.

I was just thinking....It might be cool to video tape your kid opening a box. I'd love it if there was a video of my brother and me opening cards when we were kids.

It's funny. I thought about that and then didn't do it. I will set up a camera next time.

Back