Register or log in to remove this ad.

My Pet Peeve This Morning...

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
pet peeve
noun: pet peeve; plural noun: pet peeves
something that a particular person finds especially annoying.

Okay, we all have our pet peeves... but today's "most annoying" pet peeve are my posts that clearly say "CURRENT" Drivers/Players (NOT just here, but at other sites and FaceBook pages).

Why is that a pet peeve? Because I clearly state "CURRENT Drivers/players" and, in the case of NASCAR, I get trade offers of drivers that haven't been in a car in a few years. And we are not talking about Dale Earnhardt Sr or Dale Jarrett (both former champions)... oh no, I get offers of Brian Vickers and Juan Pablo Montoya, and, in the case of baseball, some Detroit Tiger AAA player that was called up two years ago during the playoffs, but only sat on the bench.

I know I'm not the only one in this situation, but come on, read the entire post... just because you see "NASCAR" or "Detroit Tigers" does not mean the person posting up the thread is looking for everyone associated with NASCAR or Detroit Tigers.

Okay, this rant IS NOT directed to anyone on SCC, just my vent for the day.

Taliasen

From a pack deep in the north country...
I agree, I only very rarely want ALL Detroit Tigers. Most notably when I am collecting ALL Detroit Tigers Base cards to give away or something like that.

Mike

TP9 | VC15
I can somewhat see the other side of this, too. If I had some racing cards for trade I'd likely just show you everything I have too. Since I don't watch racing I wouldn't know who was/wasn't active and since I'd just be trying to help you out with what you're looking for I (lazily, yes) wouldn't take the time to look the guys up to see if they're still currently racing. I'd just offer them to you and let you say no if you didn't want them.

ranbethscards

Good point Mike, but the guy in question here (from another site) DOES collect NASCAR, so he should have a pretty good idea of who is who.

CamaroDMD

Insert Cool Title
I kind of see both sides of it. On one hand, you were specific in what you were looking for. I can see how getting offers of something else could be irritating.

On the other hand, you might collect a former driver that I don't know about. I don't think it ever hurts to show you what I have for trade if you have something I like. If I did it, I would probably preface my comment with "I know this isn't exactly what you are looking for...but I'd interested in card X, is there anything here you could use?"

What irks me more is when someone is pushy about it. It's one thing to approach someone for a trade and show what you have and if the answer is "no"...you politely say "thanks" and move on. But, there are a lot of people who get very upset when their offer is turned down. That's what bugs me.

ranbethscards

...and then you have this:

received a reply at one of the other sites, saying they were interested in my football, and they have NASCAR for me to look over.

Okay, I look over their traders and let them know what I"m interested in. Guess what... there is NOTHING in my football (that is listed) that they are interested in and wanted to know if I was buying.

aaarrggghhhh!!!!!!