My Panthers Made the Playoffs!!!

CamaroDMD

Insert Cool Title
After winning their final 4 games and having several things go their way...my beloved Carolina Panthers have won their second consecutive NFC South title and made the playoffs! This marks the first time in division history that a team has won it in back to back years. I know that a lot of people will say they shouldn't be in the post season because of their 7-8-1 record (only the second team in NFL history to make the playoffs with a losing record in a non-strike year)...but I don't care. They are in and now their record is 0-0 again and they are riding a 4 game win streak!!!

Also of note (to me)...next year (per scheduling rules) the Panthers will play a road game against the NFC West team that finishes in the same place as the Panthers finished in the South...which means they will play the NFC West champions. That happens to be the Seattle Seahawks...which is only 2.5 hour drive from my house. So, I should get to see Carolina play in person next year!!!!!!!

well... it's better than the Seahawks 7-9 record a couple years back when they won their division... but still...

wouldn't it be amazing to see the Panthers run the gauntlet and make it to the Super Bowl?

by-the-way... according to ESPN's Mike and Mike.. they started off the season at 0-6-1!

Last edited:
by-the-way... according to ESPN's Mike and Mike.. they started off the season at 0-6-1!
Then the Mike's need to check their facts. Carolina started the season 2-0. and after 6 games were 3-2-1. They then had a 6 game losing streak from Oct 19-Nov 30...so at the end of November they were 3-8-1. They the won their final 4 games.

that's what I thought.. didn't think they had a losing record to start... but again.. they are reporting that even though Harbough is meeting with UofM, he is going to Oakland...lol.. give the old guys a break!

Back