My Macro Econ Proffesor is a Dumbass

redandpewter55

Bench Warmer
We had our first test today and this was one of the questions.

A country is producing 6 barrels and 6 bathtubs. Then the country's production increases to 6 barrels and 12 bathtubs. What could be a reason for this increase in production?

A. Technological advancement in bathtub production
B. Technological advancement in barrel production
C. Reduction in unemployment
D. Total population of the country increased

Now here is the problem...

Obviously it could be A because if there is a technological advancement you will produce more. Then it could be B because if there is a technological advancement in barrels you take some of the people making barrels and move them to bathtubs and the bathtub production goes up. Could also be C because there are more people working which means more production. I don't think D is right.

So I finish the test and go up to ask him and it and explain what I am thinking and he says, "I can't answer that because it will give the answer. Remember what I did in class." My notes clearly say, "Technological advancement in one market will effect other markets as well."

I just went with A.

So, am I right or am I wrong?

Brad

Bench Warmer
I am taking Micro right now, but would have gone with A since it seems "most correct" since it has the least amount of inferrances as to why the increase.

oregonweim

Bench Warmer
We had our first test today and this was one of the questions.

A country is producing 6 barrels and 6 bathtubs. Then the country's production increases to 6 barrels and 12 bathtubs. What could be a reason for this increase in production?

A. Technological advancement in bathtub production
B. Technological advancement in barrel production
C. Reduction in unemployment
D. Total population of the country increased

Now here is the problem...

Obviously it could be A because if there is a technological advancement you will produce more. Then it could be B because if there is a technological advancement in barrels you take some of the people making barrels and move them to bathtubs and the bathtub production goes up. Could also be C because there are more people working which means more production. I don't think D is right.

So I finish the test and go up to ask him and it and explain what I am thinking and he says, "I can't answer that because it will give the answer. Remember what I did in class." My notes clearly say, "Technological advancement in one market will effect other markets as well."

I just went with A.

So, am I right or am I wrong?

Well, if he made a point to mention that technological quote above, then for A to be true, there would have been an increase in Barrell production as well (one market effects the other). WIth A&B eliminated you are left with reduced unemployment or increased population. Since, to be short, I don't allocate increases of population directly to production, my guess is increased employment will be your answer (C).

seahawks4ever

Bench Warmer
If it is C I will seriously kill the guy and just go to jail. :ban:

C does seem to make more sense...since more people are working, they now need to actually bathe more, hence the increase in bathtubs.

I would think barrel production would decrease since people are now making money and can afford clothes...

andy

Collector Planet Original
Transactions: 2
I dont see the correlation between bathtubs and barrels. If this is all a country is producing they gonna have big problems. Like having enough food.

wdkantro2

Bench Warmer
I'm doing similar stuff, and I'm glad my teacher doesn't do that. It's ridiculous to have multiple answers that could be true. There is no way in hell you could be told that you were wrong for choosing A.

lionsfanatic80

Bench Warmer
the production of barrels never changes it stays at 6, so i would say that B is wrong it has to be A, unless the question says increases "by" 6 and 12. but it said it increases "to" 6 and 12 so my guess would be that be A, C could be the answer but what are the chances that all of that reduction of employment went to making bathtubs?