My Custom Oregon Ducks Card Set

This set has been on the back burner for a little while now as I have been working on other projects...but I'm still trying to track down address for players to try and get TTM autos. Just got one back in the mail yesterday from the new Cal Head Coach.

eXMhyz5.jpg

Very cool! Have you tried contacting the players thru the school? They probably won't actually give out addresses, but maybe the school will forward the letters to the players, for you. I would try and contact someone at the school to check on that.

Very cool! Have you tried contacting the players thru the school? They probably won't actually give out addresses, but maybe the school will forward the letters to the players, for you. I would try and contact someone at the school to check on that.
That's not a bad idea. I will try that.

So, I have been neglicting this set quite a bit lately. I have been focusing on other projects (Super Bowl sets, tutorial, ect.) but I haven't forgotten where I first started and I want to continue working on this set. So, here are several new ones:

#36 Chad Cota (Safety 1990-1994)
95La3v9.jpg

#37 Kiko Alonso (Linebacker 2008-2012) - Currently with Dolphins

6s3uIr4.jpg

#38 Lyle Long (Offensive Guard 2012) - Currently with Bears

X9OFGoW.jpg

#39 Steve Smith (Cornerback 1998-2001)

QsGUmcL.jpg

#40 Dion Jordan (Defensive End 2008-2012) - Currently with Dolphins

lOShPth.jpg

#41 J.J. Birden (Wide Receiver 1983-1987)

4JfHvcy.jpg

#42 Sean Burwell (Running Back 1989-1993)

FsyoPlw.jpg

I know that I originally said I wanted to "limit" players to people who I remember playing for the Ducks and that I set a boundry that they all must have been on the 1989 team or newer...but I decided to expand it a little. There are a couple players who played for Oregon between when I was born (1985) and 1989 that I remember watching in the NFL. I figure that is close enough so I included J.J. Birden. I will also probably include a couple others from that era in the future.

Great looking cards, and some awesome auto's. Looks like the collection is coming along nicely!
Thanks. I'm glad you like them. I can't believe how big this set has gotten and how many I have got signed. When I first started it, I had no idea I would take it this far.

I will admit though, I have been slacking off the last few weeks on my custom projects. Been so busy with life, work and other projects. But, more will come in the future. :)

Sorry, but this collection quacks me up....lol
LOL!

Got another auto back in the mail recently...this one from Oregon legend Kenny Wheaton.

8hdBME6.jpg

Wheaton is best remembered for one play from the 1994 Washington-Oregon game. That play, known as "The Pick," is considered the greatest play in school history.

He's also the cousin of current Chicago Bears WR Markus Wheaton.

Very cool on the card, and an awesome play to put the game out of reach!
Thanks.

It was a great moment in team history. As you mention, it put the game out of reach. Oregon was leading 24-20 late in the 4th at that point and it was the final score in a 31-20 victory. That win over #9 Washington gave unranked Oregon a 5-3 record at that point. The Ducks would win out the rest of the regular season to finish 9-3 (7-1 in the Pac-10) and a final ranking of #12 in the nation. Oregon would cap this improbable season with a conference title and represent the conference in the Rose Bowl. That season marked the big upswing in Oregon football that they have maintained (for the most part) ever since.

Back