My Custom Oregon Ducks Card Set

not sure about the "auto pen".. looks different than most of his autographs.

either way.. great add to the collection!

So, I haven't updated this thread with new cards from this set for a while...and I have several new ones. I went ahead and assumed the players on cards #25 and 27 won't get drafted. I may have to update those if they do (but I doubt it) and I wanted to try and TTM them as soon as possible. So, here they are:

#25 Devon Allen (Wide Receiver 2013-2016) - 2016 Rio Olympic Team
WLSOomf.jpg

#26 Maurice Morris (Halfback 2000-2001)

BOtJaVy.jpg

#27 Dakota Prukop (Quarterback 2016)

I17aCUu.jpg

#28 Justin Wilcox (Safety 1995-1999) - Currently Wisconsin DC

lrtyAZl.jpg

#29 Samie Parker (Wide Receiver 1999-2003)
nrIBjDY.jpg

#30 Chip Kelly (Head Coach 2009-2012) - Currently SF 49ers HC

yOEbpvS.jpg

#31 Tommy Thompson (Kicker/Punter 1990-1993)

Lx8af1N.jpg

#32 Dennis Dixon (Quarterback 2004-2007)

oIuMXMv.jpg

#33 Peter Sirmon (Linebacker 1995-1999) - Currently Mississippi St. DC
3WgsOmE.jpg

So, had a nice envelope waiting for me in my mailbox when I got home from work. Another TTM return for my custom Oregon set. Just in time too since I sent it to him c/o the 49ers.

ydFxdMr.jpg

Sent a nice note too...seems he liked my creation. :)

gzIaFio.jpg

Richie,

After seeing how your Oregon Ducks set came out(awesome), it got me thinking(sometimes a dangerous thing). I have a close friend, who's dad played in the Brooklyn Dodgers, and the Boston Red Sox farm systems, back in the 50's. He gave it 7 years, (stuck behind Gil Hodges most of the time) before giving it up, to raise a family. Smart move(financially) as he did quite well in the textile business, before having a stroke, and winding up in a nursing home. I have done some research on his career, and even tracked down a picture of the field of the last stadium he played in looking straight down the first base line towards home plate(which was his view, as he played first base). The picture stirred a lot of memories in him. I included it in a little project I did, collecting baseball cards of guys he played with, and made it to the "Show". It hangs on his nursing home room wall to this day.

I was wondering if you would be interested in making a baseball card for him? 10 - 20 copies would be cool, to give to him, his kids, and grand kids. I have a good quality picture of him in uniform, from his first year 1952, with the Greenwood Dodgers, and his minor league career stats that I can email you. Obviously, I think based on a 1952-1959 card design(doesn't really matter which year), would be best.

I realize your busy, and I'm not asking for a freebie. If you could give it a little thought, and let me know what you think, at your convenience, that would be great. I have battled with myself over asking you, as I don't know you, and, I have no idea what is involved, in doing this. But finally settled on the realization that the worst that could happen is you tell me, that you can't do it, for whatever reason. Which would be completely understandable. Either way thanks for listening.

Paul

Richie,

After seeing how your Oregon Ducks set came out(awesome), it got me thinking(sometimes a dangerous thing). I have a close friend, who's dad played in the Brooklyn Dodgers, and the Boston Red Sox farm systems, back in the 50's. He gave it 7 years, (stuck behind Gil Hodges most of the time) before giving it up, to raise a family. Smart move(financially) as he did quite well in the textile business, before having a stroke, and winding up in a nursing home. I have done some research on his career, and even tracked down a picture of the field of the last stadium he played in looking straight down the first base line towards home plate(which was his view, as he played first base). The picture stirred a lot of memories in him. I included it in a little project I did, collecting baseball cards of guys he played with, and made it to the "Show". It hangs on his nursing home room wall to this day.

I was wondering if you would be interested in making a baseball card for him? 10 - 20 copies would be cool, to give to him, his kids, and grand kids. I have a good quality picture of him in uniform, from his first year 1952, with the Greenwood Dodgers, and his minor league career stats that I can email you. Obviously, I think based on a 1952-1959 card design(doesn't really matter which year), would be best.

I realize your busy, and I'm not asking for a freebie. If you could give it a little thought, and let me know what you think, at your convenience, that would be great. I have battled with myself over asking you, as I don't know you, and, I have no idea what is involved, in doing this. But finally settled on the realization that the worst that could happen is you tell me, that you can't do it, for whatever reason. Which would be completely understandable. Either way thanks for listening.

Paul
I'll shoot you a PM.

So, another came in the mail today. I didn't expect to get this one (based on what I saw online people weren't reporting a lot of successes). Anyway, this one is special as the Carolina Panthers are my favorite team.

vUxn0ej.jpg

My sons are both big Panthers fans
They have good tastes then. :D

Despite living on the other side of the country, I have been a Panthers fan since they played their first snap in the 1995 Hall of Fame Game. I have been able to see two of their games in person...one on the road against the Seahawks (during that miserable 2-14 Jimmy Clausen lead season) and at home last year for the OT MNF win against Indianapolis.

OK, this set has sorta been on the side burner for a bit as I worked on other projects. But, I have done a couple. I thought I would post them:

#34 Arik Armstead (Defensive End 2012-2014) - Currently with 49ers
IODISYj.jpg

#35 Kenjon Barner (Halfback 2008-2012) - Currently with Eagles
MwhhZyS.jpg

Back