moving sucks

sliqwill

Veteran
1 (100%)
:eek:im sure several of you know my pain with recent moves, but im getting everything ready to go to make it easy for my brother and brother in law who will be helping me with the move a week from this coming saturday...i want to have everything pretty much ready to go by next wednesday, which shouldnt be too difficult since i plan on getting some work done around here tomorrow...im sweating because my AC sucks, but ive made pretty good progress thus far...been working in my closet where i still had a bit of stuff boxed up from moving here (books, slus)...getting it all staged in the living room in the corner which will make moving the big stuff (bed/dresser) fairly easy once i do that late next week...no professionals here, but i kept lots of their boxes from when they moved me after my navy stint...that makes life fairly easy

Seahawklady

Bench Warmer
Yes, moving sucks!!! Moving my office this week, not gonna be fun at all. But I have some help, so hopfully we'll get it done with minimal stress.

lumm0x

Rookie
Aside from the post high school years of jumping from apartment to apartment, I've moved three times in my life. I can honestly say there is not much I detest more. I guarantee the next time I move someone will be paid to do this. And my destroyed back factors into that as well.

sliqwill

Veteran
1 (100%)
see the last few moves i did werent bad...when i moved to san diego no big deal, i didnt have anything really except clothes...then i got paid $700 to move my stuff from san diego to chicago, plus the big stuff i made the govt move...then once i got my apartment in the north burbs i bought a bed and that was dlvd for me, and i slowly brought stuff from home to my apartment...then i moved to a studio cause my roommate got out of the navy and moved like 1/2 mile, we did it in his pickup, then when i moved here the govt moved all the big stuff again...but since ive been here i got a microwave cart, a table and chairs, and a couch...and this time i have to do it all with family...seriously i think itll take less than 5 hours, thats start to finish, with travel time included...i dont suspect more than an hour loading since there will be 3 of us and there isnt a whole lot of big stuff, but its such a pain, pack it, move it, unpack it, except most is going into storage, so ill unpack once i get a new place, but then itll be a 10-20 mile move instead of 50, and i dont think ill need a uhaul for that since my moms bf has a pickup, and it will take a few trips for the big stuff, but yeah...

scrappy

Bench Warmer
so you are making me look forward to moving............yeah thanks, i just realized my computer desk is going to have to be taken apart to get out my bedroom door.

but the next time i move i plan on it being permanent, as in a house

guess you can't get a kidney stone during this move since it's your stuff

sliqwill

Veteran
1 (100%)
so you are making me look forward to moving............yeah thanks, i just realized my computer desk is going to have to be taken apart to get out my bedroom door.

but the next time i move i plan on it being permanent, as in a house

guess you can't get a kidney stone during this move since it's your stuff

its not like i tried the last time...the last one actually started during my brothers move, cause i was pissin blood, but i thought my urine was dark due to dehydration because i was sweating with his move, which was like 2-3 weeks before my dads move which landed me in the ER