Movies out week of 7/11/07

scrappy

Bench Warmer
Figured since no one else here had posted about it I would since Im' a geek like that.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is coming out on Wednesday and I plan on being at the first afternoon showing out here. Yeah, I have been waiting on the movie.

Watched a thing on A&E on the making of it last night, made me jones for it even more.

I have this sick twisted thing of rereading the books that are coming to the theater, so I have some work ahead of me. I reread them to figure out and remind myself what they took out of the movie to make it fit in the 2hrs and 30 minutes.

Plus with the book coming out on the 21st, I'll be at the midnight release party out here and for sure up til 4am, AGAIN, so I have to read the last book too, just to remind myself on it again.

scrappy

Bench Warmer
I'm going on Wednesday and I already bought the book from Amazon, so I should have it on the 21st :cheers:

paid for my book 2 months ago at the book store out here, and will have it in my hands by 12:15am on the 21st. last midnight release I did, we were in a parking lot standing in lines by the last letter of your last name. by 12:15am i was home in bed reading it, freaking loved it. i didn't do the hoopla before the book though, they did costume contest and a bunch of other stuff since Bear Paw was going on. I got there at 11:30, and oddly it was still daylight out and it was nice

SWWEEEEET just checked on line and got the times, it starts at 11:15 out here and there aren't many Potter geeks that live out here, so I will be there at 10:30 just in case

Last edited by a moderator:

metallikat87

Bench Warmer
i like the movies but as much as i like to read i have never once cracked on of the books
will definitely watch this one though, just not gonna wait in line to see it the first night
made that mistake from the last one, i saw it at like 11 and the theater was still completely full of loud kids

scrappy

Bench Warmer
i like the movies but as much as i like to read i have never once cracked on of the books
will definitely watch this one though, just not gonna wait in line to see it the first night
made that mistake from the last one, i saw it at like 11 and the theater was still completely full of loud kids

you know i really hate the stereotype of "the book is better than the movie" but in the case of the 3rd, 4th, and most likely this one, it will end up being true. the first 2 movies were done almost exact to the book, but in order to make the movies not 4 hrs long, things need to get cut and changed a bit. the 4th movie didn't even have Dobby the house elf and he was a major contributor in the book. my younger bro was totally confused in the 4th movie because it bounced around so much. if you don't read the books the movie doesn't make much sense to you since they cut so much out. (not trying to encourage people to read the books) but i would have been lost in the 4th movie had i not read the book.

yeah the only thing i'm not looking forward to about going to the movie tomorrow is the millions of kids that have never seen a movie in a theater being there. which is why i sit in the back row, i hate having someone talk behind me, so i figure if they are in front of me and talking i can either kick them in the head or their chair

redandpewter55

Bench Warmer
you know i really hate the stereotype of "the book is better than the movie" but in the case of the 3rd, 4th, and most likely this one, it will end up being true. the first 2 movies were done almost exact to the book, but in order to make the movies not 4 hrs long, things need to get cut and changed a bit. the 4th movie didn't even have Dobby the house elf and he was a major contributor in the book. my younger bro was totally confused in the 4th movie because it bounced around so much. if you don't read the books the movie doesn't make much sense to you since they cut so much out. (not trying to encourage people to read the books) but i would have been lost in the 4th movie had i not read the book.

yeah the only thing i'm not looking forward to about going to the movie tomorrow is the millions of kids that have never seen a movie in a theater being there. which is why i sit in the back row, i hate having someone talk behind me, so i figure if they are in front of me and talking i can either kick them in the head or their chair
All of the books were way better than the movies.

metallikat87

Bench Warmer
the book is almost always better than the book
it was true with the lord of the rings too
you just cant put everything from these kind of books in and keep it under 4 hrs

ReinholdMessner1

Bench Warmer
the book is almost always better than the book
it was true with the lord of the rings too
you just cant put everything from these kind of books in and keep it under 4 hrs

My brain just exploded.... :D

On the topic at hand, I think epic storytelling is one the most amazing achievments of humanity. Star Wars, LOTR, and Harry Potter... while some people associate them with huge nerds, I think people like Tolkien and Rowling have given as much to society as any great inventor or politician.

Even if I don't really get into the Potter or Hobbit hype, I still marvel at the creation of a complete fictional world that has the power to absorb the mind completely.

scrappy

Bench Warmer
My brain just exploded.... :D

On the topic at hand, I think epic storytelling is one the most amazing achievments of humanity. Star Wars, LOTR, and Harry Potter... while some people associate them with huge nerds, I think people like Tolkien and Rowling have given as much to society as any great inventor or politician.

Even if I don't really get into the Potter or Hobbit hype, I still marvel at the creation of a complete fictional world that has the power to absorb the mind completely.

i completely agree. when i read the first book 3 of them were already out and i have never been so encapsulated by a book in my life. i couldn't put it down and immediately went looking for the other 2 that were out. it was at that moment that i turned into a harry potter geek. i do love the tolkien books too. my friend is a tolkien FREAK, she has 40 copies of all the books in different languages

scrappy

Bench Warmer
Did you see it Cris?

yup just got home, it was really good. i did spend a lot of time figuring out what they took out of it. last 45 minutes was really good. the movie moved a lot faster than the book did, the book had way more detail. definately gonna go see it again. makes me want all the movies and books out NOW

redandpewter55

Bench Warmer
yup just got home, it was really good. i did spend a lot of time figuring out what they took out of it. last 45 minutes was really good. the movie moved a lot faster than the book did, the book had way more detail. definately gonna go see it again. makes me want all the movies and books out NOW
They took at lot of the first half at the house out.