More Football Collectors!!

Steelers8873

All-Star
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Hello everyone,

I noticed on the Bench & SCC there are hardly any football collectors I have swapped a few cards out over the last year-year and a half but nothing I would consider a good trade. My football collection has grown but only as singles I will not buy hobby boxes of football anymore I don't feel like getting robbed and at the prices for the up-marked boxes are straight robbery you have no chance of even breaking even on a box let alone turn a profit so I switched to baseball which I'm pretty tired of as well so are there any other sites that anyone knows about that has a larger football community? and please don't say SCF that site is trash and run by a bunch of dishonest thugs if anybody has a direction to point me in I would appreciate it. Thanks

Hello everyone,

I noticed on the Bench & SCC there are hardly any football collectors I have swapped a few cards out over the last year-year and a half but nothing I would consider a good trade. My football collection has grown but only as singles I will not buy hobby boxes of football anymore I don't feel like getting robbed and at the prices for the up-marked boxes are straight robbery you have no chance of even breaking even on a box let alone turn a profit so I switched to baseball which I'm pretty tired of as well so are there any other sites that anyone knows about that has a larger football community? and please don't say SCF that site is trash and run by a bunch of dishonest thugs if anybody has a direction to point me in I would appreciate it. Thanks
Ernie let me take a look to see what kind of deals I can find on football boxes. Might be interested in splitting some with you or doing small group style breaks if there are others who might be interested in joining us.

I’ll let you know!

Mike

I'm really not sure if there is a site that's primary user base collects football, which is a shame. I, personally, collect football, primarily, or at least I used to. When it started to become harder and harder to find folks to trade football cards with I started getting more into baseball, which isn't something I collected at all until maybe a few years ago. I was looking, just last night, into starting to drum up some interest in doing some football breaks like @Crpalmi used to do (as if I need something else taking my time) around here but, geeze...the prices on football boxes are nuts!!

I think a hobby box of contenders football is something like $650, or more. Tough to get folks interested in a group break at $20+ dollars for one team in a single box break.

That said, what do you collect in football? My cards aren't organized at all, but I could have a look as I re-organize and see if I have anything you can use.

@Mike -Wow Mike!!! you just told my story down to not collecting baseball until I pretty much had too if I was going to continue to buy/sell/trade cards. I would love to do football breaks but I don't have the necessary equipment to do live breaks but I have no problem buying the boxes for the breaks or atleast helping get something up and running.

Here's a link to stuff I'm interested in but not limited to.

Ernie let me take a look to see what kind of deals I can find on football boxes. Might be interested in splitting some with you or doing small group style breaks if there are others who might be interested in joining us.

I’ll let you know!

Mike
I would be all for any of those things even if we split them like we do with baseball which I'm down for again that Trout hit made me sick but I have recovered now what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger Right? or poorer lol

If it aint a Quarterback it’s junk….learned that many many years ago!

Baseball kind of similar with pitchers values, but some of the top aces command some dough…you want to hit position players cards for sure!

I haven’t purchased a box of hobby football in prolly a decade!!!

Thanks Josh

Here's a link to stuff I'm interested in but not limited to.

Just wanted to let you know I hadn't just dropped this. Been busy the last few days and haven't had a chance to get everything sorted and looked through yet. The wife works tomorrow, and I'm off, so I should have plenty of time to look through stuff tomorrow and I'll get back to you if I find anything you might could use.

Back