Baseball MLB Trying To Suspend AROID Under CBA

wheeler281

Bench Warmer
This is what gets me about this clown. He still thinks he is above all this. I can not wait til this Eutopian world he is in crashes down around him. I hope the owners blackball him out of the league.

aroid1.jpg

NEW YORK (AP) -- Major League Baseball may try to suspend Alex Rodriguez under its collective bargaining agreement instead of its drug rules, which would eliminate any chance of delaying a penalty until after the case goes to an arbitrator, The Associated Press has learned.

Rodriguez has never been disciplined for a drug offense, and a first offender under baseball's Joint Drug Agreement is entitled to an automatic stay if the players' association files a grievance - meaning the penalty is put on hold until after an arbitrator rules.

While use of banned performance-enhancing substances falls under the drug agreement, MLB may argue other alleged violations are punishable under the labor contract, a person familiar with management's deliberations told the AP, speaking on condition of anonymity because no statements were authorized.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ap-source-mlb-may-suspend-000924927--mlb.html

In a way, he is. He already has loads and loads of $$$, so he's set for life. Yeah, this hurts his career, his HOF chances, his card-values, but for him personally he isn't really going to hurt much from this, since he probably doesn't care what people think of him.

He is definitely going to have difficulty getting into the HOF. Some years back I had hoped he was clean and would break Bonds HR record since that is tainted. But, now it doesn't look like there will ever be anyone to break those records. It's amazing how hard some people have to work to make a few bucks and ARod is making around $25 million a year for doing almost nothing other than sullying his teams reputation. Sad.

Supposedly he is being offered a plea deal to be suspended for this year and next year, instead of getting a lifetime ban. If I was ARod I would definitly accept the plea deal, the MLB has enough evidence on him and ARod then can still collect $60 Million after his suspension is over.

If I was A-Rod, I'd say good riddance and enjoy my money. He could always go play somewhere like Japan or Mexico if he REALLY wanted to continue his career. I think that'd definitely humble him to do so. We know he isn't going to make the Hall of Fame anytime soon.

Commissioner Bud Selig is prepared to levy a lifetime suspension on New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez, while suspending about eight others before the weekend, two people with knowledge of the negotiations told USA TODAY Sports.

In a way, he is. He already has loads and loads of $$$, so he's set for life. Yeah, this hurts his career, his HOF chances, his card-values, but for him personally he isn't really going to hurt much from this, since he probably doesn't care what people think of him.

In his mind if he gets banned for life though it will destroy him. He is that arrogant. He is not liked like Pete Rose so he will not be welcomed by the fans. he will be heckled forever and that will be just as bad for him

Mike and Mike (ESPN) talked alot about this on their morning show this morning... but everyone seems to be very careful on saying too much.

Detroit has already said they know Jhonny Peralta is gone for at least 50 games... why can't A-Roid admit his wrong doing...

He's set for life already but his career is done. From what I've been reading they're looking to give him the boot without paying the rest of the money owed to him. Which to be fair serves him right.

Too many players are getting away with using roids and have nerve to think it's ok or that their HOF status shouldn't be questioned.

Let's face it though, it's been around for a long time. Players were using it in the 80's from what I recall, and owners turned a blind-eye to it as seats were being filled to watch players performances improve dramatically, year by year. More home runs is a big deal for a struggling team, and that went along with better averages and so forth.

In other words: Everyone was, in part, complicit in allowing this to get out of hand, as we all chose to be excited for the home-team as they finally started showing some real chance at a great season.

That changed when both Sosa and McGwire broke the single-season HR record, and Bonds drew closer to the all-time HR record. People began to realize where these achievements were coming from, and more and more people began fidgeting over whether or not the stats were legit and should be included in the record books.

Today the mood is clearly against such acts and inclusions, but the damage is already done. I mean, how do we go about separating legitimately acquired stats and illegitimately acquired stats when no one knows with complete certainty who used PEDs and who didn't?

It's FUBAR now, and we're stuck with it.

The only question left, after this decision to kick players out, is what happens to the stats? IMO, I suggest they literally add an asterisk to any player's stats who showed unreal improvement in a short period of time. Any player determined beyond a reasonable doubt to have used PEDs needs another asterisk added that says "This guy used PEDs".

... and it looks like A-Roid and MLB are too far apart to make a settlement (according to ESPN this morning).

A settlement? First MLB was talking a lifetime ban... now they are talking settlement?

Last I heard (ESPN late last night) was MLB was entertaining the idea of a suspension for the remainder of this year and ALL of the 2014 season.

... and not to bring up another very sore subject with sports... but why is it the A-Roid and the other "20 names" on the PED list are now being over shadowed by the Cooper Racial Slur?

Don't get me wrong.. what Cooper said was wrong. Plain and simple. But a one time use of the word does not overshadow years of PED use.

(Please be careful if you respond to this... we have to keep politics off the boards...)

211 games..to start on Thursday?

Take your medicine ... pack your bags... YOU messed up.. not the Yankees, not the fans, not MLB, not the commissioner's office.

Really have nothing more to say on this...

211 games..to start on Thursday?

Take your medicine ... pack your bags... YOU messed up.. not the Yankees, not the fans, not MLB, not the commissioner's office.

Really have nothing more to say on this...
Why are you disappointed about 211 games?Thats alot of games that A Rod is going to be suspended for just being suspected of using PED's. He never even failed a drug test and is getting suspended 4 times the amount someone who fails a drug test.

tampering with the investigation.. just as an example.. so what if he didn't fail a test? quite a few of those that accepted the suspension today DID NOT fail a test. There's a long paper trail that shows their involvement.

A-Roid should say thank you and be happy that they didn't do the "ban for life".

Back