Missed Out on One of My While Whale Cards

CamaroDMD

Insert Cool Title
I'm sure we all have a list of cards that we have been looking for for quite some time that illude us. Sometimes they aren't even rare...but we still can't find them. That just happened to me recently.

There is a small group of cards I am constantly looking for. I search for them online probably weekly in the hopes that they will one day turn up. One of those cards is a 1997 Press Pass Autographs Danny Wuerffel. Well...one sold on eBay a few weeks back and I missed it. It was the first example I had ever seen. It did have a dinged corner...but I still would have bought it.

Oh well, perhaps another will come up someday.

Do you have an eBay search setup to email you when items like that (ones that don't come up often) get listed?

Wish I had known that... I don't check eBay often enough (although I do sale on it)... and have missed a few White Whales myself!

I saved the photo off of eBay so I at least have a reference photo for the card. Like I said, this was the first I had ever seen.

Here is the one that got away:

I actually have a TTM of this card that I got when I wrote to Wuerffel back in the late 1990s. But, I still really want to find a pack issued example.

I would also try to contact sellers of *any* 1997 Press Pass football cards. I'm guessing they might have boxes full of autographed inserts that they don't bother listing.

Peter, I'm guessing you're not talking about "Want It Now," since eBay abandoned that, so how do you set it up now?

When you do a search on eBay, if you're logged in (dunno if it shows if you're not logged in), you should see a green "Follow This Search" and you click that.

If you want to edit the options, go in the top right to the 'My eBay' menu and click the Followed searches option.

Should be easy enough to figure out when you know its there.

Sure beats going in and searching manually for something each day, especially for those items that don't show up too often.

There are a couple listed on eBay this morning... but they are the "foil" version and look like they are probably TTM-type autographs.

There are a couple listed on eBay this morning... but they are the "foil" version and look like they are probably TTM-type autographs.
Everything listed currently are TTMs. They have been up for some time. The pack inserted autos were all signed with a thin blue pen. I also PM'd those sellers a while back just to confirm and none have the CoA back.

I would also try to contact sellers of *any* 1997 Press Pass football cards. I'm guessing they might have boxes full of autographed inserts that they don't bother listing.
Actually, that's not a bad idea. Out of this set...the Wuerffel auto is one of the better cards. But, there's still not a ton of value. I will try this.

Back