Minor Leagues graphing thread

franklinguy52

Mr. Baseball
Staff member
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
I began last year to get soe of the minor leaguers as they are coming through Bowling Green. The Hot Rods are a Low-A team for the Tampa Bay Rays, which is great because the Rays do a great job with their minor league sysytem and some top prospects are coming through on a nightly basis. I will start this thread with some IP Autographs that I picked up so far.

f6dff7bf.jpg

This Billy Hamilton from the Reds organization. He has really began to pick up popularity as he mounts the stolen bases. He compiled 103 last year and already has 31 this year in only 26 games. He also hitting .386. I got him when he played for Dayton, this year he is with the Bakerfield Blaze. He signed every time he was in town and seems to be a very humble kid. If you get a chance, go see him play a get an auto while you can.

Nice franklinguy! You know, the best thing about getting these guys when they're still in the minors is that they aren't "burned out" from signing yet. You'll most likely get them before they start getting lazy with their signatures and most of them will be pretty decent autos, like the one on those 2 cards.

Nice thread. Billy Hamilton...I'm looking forward to seeing this guy, he sure is something.

Yeah, definitely sounds like it to me. I've never seen him play, but anyone who can record 31 steals in just 26 games has got to be fun to watch.

Here are a few more of the top prospects that I have gotten to sign:

Collection350.jpg

Drew Vettleson was a first round pick by the Rays in the 2010 draft out of High School. This is his first year in full season ball. He is a super nice kid and has signed at every game I have been to, the game that I got this he went 3-5 with 2 doubles and threw a guy out at the plate from right field with a perfect strike to the catcher.

Collection349.jpg

This is Keyvius Sampson, another nice kid. I got this while he was tracking pitcnes in the stands and he called me "Sir" the entire time. It was nice to see the respect from a major prospect. Currently he his the 4th highest prospect in the Padres organization. He throws the ball in th mid to upper 90's.

Collection351.jpg

This is Jake Marisnick, he is currently the number 2 prospect in the Blue Jays organization and I got to watch him torch the Hot Rods all last year as he hit .320 and got named to about every All-star team that he was eligible for.

Nice pickups. What kind of marker are you using that it doesn't smear? I've played around with some sharpies on some cards and it always smears. Maybe I was just using the wrong cards?

I just use a regular blue sharpie, but these cards are not high gloss cards. They were put out just for the Midwest league and sold at the ballparks. If I use a regular card, especially chrome cards, I use and eraser over the area that they will sign and that usually helps to keep them from smearing.

Her are my most recent pick ups...

Collection353.jpg

First there is 3 Rays prospects:
Tyler Goeddel- Currently #12 on the the Rays prospect list and has started this year on fire! This is also a great autograph, he really took the time to sign the card nicely.
Jake Hager- Currently #13 on the Rays prospects list and a first round draft pick in 2011.
Todd Glaessman- This is his 2nd year in Bowling Green, he missed most of the year with injury last year. He has fallen down the prospect list but is beginning to show why he was considered a true 5 tool prospect and he is still only 20 years old.
Nick Martini- I don't know much about him but it was a nice signature and he is in the Cardinals organization and they can seem to develop anybody.
Luis Aquayo- Ex- MLB player for several teams and now is the coach of Quad Citites (St. Louis A). He signed every card that was put in front of him. The ex-players that are coaches is an added benefit of the minor league games.

Thanks for looking, that is all for now.

Been a while since I have made it to any games, so it was time to get back at it. I was in Louisville and went to the Bats (AAA team of the Reds). I had very little luck as I arrived to the game late, but I did pick up a nice one for me PC of a former Reds pitcher

b5f0768d.jpg

He stayed and talked about baseball for while so that fun.

Then at another Bowling Green game I picked up another one of the Rays top prospects

6bc154ed.jpg

An update on Billy Hamilton: Last night Billy stole his 100th base of the season in only 78 games. He is definately on pace to break the all time minor league record set by VInce Coleman. I belief the reord is 146. Billy is also batting .327. He is still only in high A ball, but his star seems to be getting brighter all of the time.

f6dff7bf.jpg

This Billy Hamilton from the Reds organization. He has really began to pick up popularity as he mounts the stolen bases. He compiled 103 last year and already has 31 this year in only 26 games. He also hitting .386. I got him when he played for Dayton, this year he is with the Bakerfield Blaze. He signed every time he was in town and seems to be a very humble kid. If you get a chance, go see him play a get an auto while you can.[/QUOTE]

I can't wait until Hamilton makes his way up to Louisville, so I can get his autograph. I have had pretty good luck at Bats games this year, once I started standing at the buses after the game. I got Russell Branyan, Francisco Cervelli, Jack Cust, Chris Dickerson, and Ramiro Pena when the Yankees came to town. I also got David Bell before a game earlier in the season.

I can't wait until Hamilton makes his way up to Louisville, so I can get his autograph.

I was able to get him when he came to Bowling Green last year while he was with Dayton. He signed every time someone asked, so hopefully he will continue to do so. I expect him in Louisville sometime next year, so good luck!

Back