Mike Sherman to Texas A&M as the new head coach

wow I thought Tubby was going to take that job.

Same here, but now I'm guessing that Sexton has thrown his name out there for every job opening to get leverage down on the plains.

Oh, and bad news for you Mike.....rumors are heating up that Kirk Frenz (spelling?) from Iowa will be offered the UM job.

Texas A&M says Tuberville was never seriously considered. Top-3 candidates were Sherman, Bob Davie, Chris Petersen.

Tubs named is still being linked to Ar-Kansas and LSU.
He's meeting today with Auburn's President and AD so we should know something in the next 24 hours or so. I think he stays at AU but who knows.

Texas A&M says Tuberville was never seriously considered. Top-3 candidates were Sherman, Bob Davie, Chris Petersen.

He's meeting today with Auburn's President and AD so we should know something in the next 24 hours or so. I think he stays at AU but who knows.

In my opinion Petersen is a much better coach than Sherman

I wouldn't mind Tubs in Baton Rouge. He is proven and already knows what SEC ball is all about. On a side note...why would anyone consider Bob Davie?

I wouldn't mind Tubs in Baton Rouge. He is proven and already knows what SEC ball is all about. On a side note...why would anyone consider Bob Davie?

No idea why Davie and even Sherman were considered. Davie is the Def. Coordinator so that could be it. I guess Texas A&M enjoys being colossal underachievers.

The sticking points I hear in Auburn is that Tubs would 1) like a 100-yard indoor facility and a few other 'player' upgrades in/around the stadium. This is from a recruiting perspective. And 2) moderate raises for his assistants.

He's set to make 2.8 mil next year and I don't believe he's looking for Saban-type money. He just wants a commitment from his bosses that we continue to stay with or ahead of the curve in regards to facilities.

I don't think Tubby would have the balls to leave for LSU or Arkansas. That would mean he would have coached half of the teams in the SEC West :shock:

The only reason I would think Tubby leaves is the tension between him and the BOTs. I certainly would like to see him out of the SEC, he's a damn fine coach.

No idea why Davie and even Sherman were considered. Davie is the Def. Coordinator so that could be it. I guess Texas A&M enjoys being colossal underachievers.

The sticking points I hear in Auburn is that Tubs would 1) like a 100-yard indoor facility and a few other 'player' upgrades in/around the stadium. This is from a recruiting perspective. And 2) moderate raises for his assistants.

He's set to make 2.8 mil next year and I don't believe he's looking for Saban-type money. He just wants a commitment from his bosses that we continue to stay with or ahead of the curve in regards to facilities.

biggest sticking point is they tried to run him out of town previous to the 2004 season, going behind his back talking to other coaches.

biggest sticking point is they tried to run him out of town previous to the 2004 season, going behind his back talking to other coaches.

You're right, but the AD and President at that time are long gone. There's about 3-4 BOTs left who want Tubs out simply because they don't have the power they had before (he kinda does things his way).

But outside of that, the big-time boosters and fans in general want him to stay and have been vocal about it. Hopefully, it works out.

His meeting today with the Prez and AD went well. They'll meet again as early as tomorrow.

Back