Michael Vick apologizes...

andy

Collector Planet Original
Transactions: 2
I thought it was very well done. He still is going to prison, he still is likely out of the league for awhile, but it seemed from the heart. He didnt read anything, he was well spoken, and surprisingly very subdued, and he accepted complete responsibility.

Of course he did, he had a $120 million reasons to apologize. BTW he found Jesus too, and hes turned his life over to God.

WHATEVER MIKEY.....

Thats just as bad as trying to play the race card...

I thought it was very well done. He still is going to prison, he still is likely out of the league for awhile, but it seemed from the heart. He didnt read anything, he was well spoken, and surprisingly very subdued, and he accepted complete responsibility.

Agreed.

Of course he did, he had a $120 million reasons to apologize. BTW he found Jesus too, and hes turned his life over to God.

WHATEVER MIKEY.....

Thats just as bad as trying to play the race card...

He had to, you are right. But the way he did was impressive, esp coming from him.

Haven't seen it yet so really can't say anything other than it is our actions which speak more clearly than our words. We'll see what happens as time goes on and he gets out.

I haven't seen it either, but would he be sorry if he didn't get caught?

It's easy to say stuff now, but 8 months ago before the big investigation he still thought it was ok?:doh:

I haven't seen it either, but would he be sorry if he didn't get caught?

It's easy to say stuff now, but 8 months ago before the big investigation he still thought it was ok?:doh:

me no see it yet

but hafta agree. 4 mons ago he sid he didn't do it

I maybe stepping on toes here...but I will be honest. Im not sure where I stand on this whole thing. Dog fighting is just that...dog fighting!!! It should be a sport....people fight...nothing wrong with that. As for killing the dogs....is it any different than killing a race horse with a broken leg?? I dont think so...but thats my opinon...and you cant say Im wrong because of it!!

I maybe stepping on toes here...but I will be honest. Im not sure where I stand on this whole thing. Dog fighting is just that...dog fighting!!! It should be a sport....people fight...nothing wrong with that. As for killing the dogs....is it any different than killing a race horse with a broken leg?? I dont think so...but thats my opinon...and you cant say Im wrong because of it!!

Dogs don't choose to fight, only men fight for sport.

How do you force a dog to fight?? Its in their nature.....they are wild animals that people try to make domestic. Another question is....Greyhounds....why do they kill them after thier career is over? Why is there no up roar about that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Exactly.

As for the subject at hand...is everyone going to fall for it again? Let's go back in time a little...Vick was the hottest thing in pro sports. People were impressed with how well he handled all the hype and pressure and he was never out of line, even coming from an underpriviledged background. He was in the top 10 of the 2004 "Most well-mannered athletes" list! Look at what's going on now, and it's clear that he is the biggest fraud on earth. He became respected for his maturity. Now all this has happened, and he gives what seems like a good, heartfelt press conference, and everyone thinks he is on the road to returning?

As Stephen A says, PLEASE!

How do you forse a dog to fight?? Its in their nature.....they are wild animals that people try to make domestic. Another question is....Greyhounds....why do they kill them after thier career is over? Why is there no up roar about that?

its the inhumane way Vick killed the dogs. It's one thing to take your dog in to be euthanized (sp?), it's another to use a cattle prod or body slam the dog until his brain are oozing out of their ears.

Dogs are domestic animals that Vick made into killers. I've had 6 dogs in my life and none of them had a kill first mentality. You teach a dog to hate, he will hate. Teach a dog to fight, they will fight.

Back