Baseball Met a living legend today

rednecksims

Bench Warmer
Today I got the honor of meeting Randy Johnson along with Dennis Haysbert (who is one of my favorite TV actors) and Robert Patrick. They were all amazingly great guys and was able to speak with Mr. Johnson for a few minutes. Even though I have not been able to follow the baseball season very much this year due to my current deployment there were a few questions I had for him on current players. I started out by asking about his new profession as a photographer ( Randy Johnson's new gig: World's tallest rock 'n roll photographer - Big League Stew - MLB  - Yahoo! Sports )He laughed at it and he said him in anything close the to the media he doesnt think so and he said hes just enjoying life after baseball. I expressed how I felt the new generation of players were mostly hype and not a lot of substance behind them and he laughed. I asked him what he thought about Strausberg and Chapman. He expressed that he thought Strausberg was a good pitcher but depending on how his surgery goes, will depend if he ever amounts to anything. Then he said he believes Chapman will be the real deal if he can keep from injury. Got to believe that from one flame throwing lefty to another.

Back