Media Gallery

Mike

TP9 | VC15
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
I'm sure by now most of you have noticed the card photos in the sidebar. Well, those are photos that members have uploaded in our recently added media gallery. With the problems with Photobucket through the years, and the fact that SportsCardAlbum doesn't appear to be regularly maintained, I thought it was time that we have an in-house resource for our members to use.

At the moment only members who have at least 100 posts, with at least 10 reaction points can use the media gallery, but those restrictions will be lowered, or removed, once I know what kind of usage (disk space, bandwidth) to expect. I want to make sure we find a good balance between what's good for the members as well as our server resources.

Now let's talk a little bit about how the gallery works.

General

For the most part the media gallery should be easy to figure out and use. Simply click the Add media button, choose whether to upload into an existing album, or create a new one. Choose the images you want to upload and done...you can also add titles and descriptions to each image if you'd like.

Each image must be no more than 10Mb. There is a size restriction, currently, of 650px on the longest side, but our system will automatically resize the image to meet those constraints for you, so you can upload any size image (as long as it's under 10Mb).

Right now each member will be limited to 50Mb, but I'm sure that's something I'll end up changing if the need arises. So, if you run out of space, let me know and I'll see what we can do.

Albums

You can create as many different albums as you need, such as for baseball autos, and basketball relics, etc. I'd suggest organizing them, but you're free to upload everything to a single album if you'd like. You can create an unlimited number of albums. You can also restrict albums by controlling who can view your albums, and even who can add images to your albums.

Last edited:
Sorry if anyone feel that I blew up the media gallery. Honestly I was trying to load different images in different sizes and formats from different devices trying to break thinks and look for bugs. I can delete the images if there are too many wolves or Henderson cards.

Sorry if anyone feel that I blew up the media gallery. Honestly I was trying to load different images in different sizes and formats from different devices trying to break thinks and look for bugs. I can delete the images if there are too many wolves or Henderson cards.

I think it's fine. I'd rather there be a nice variety of cards. I still have a ton to upload myself. I'll get to it one of these days. 🤦‍♂️

Just wanted to share some helpful info for those of you who may choose to use this in the future.

If you're going to use our gallery for images on other sites, you'll have to be sure your album permissions are set so that "Everyone" can see your images. Otherwise, the image won't work. You'll set that up when you create your albums.

All of the codes can be used on other sites, except for the "GALLERY BB code", which can only be used here on SCC.

I would always appreciate it most if you use "URL BB code with thumbnail" wherever you can. That one links back to here and could help get us traffic. That said, this isn't a requirement and the links will certainly still work no matter which code you use. More importantly, I'd just like to see our gallery being used.

As always, if anyone has any questions or needs help getting started, feel free to start a private conversation with me any time.

Back